Tuesday, May 10, 2005

I'm so pissed I could spit!

Today I got some new movies, one of which was The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou.

I saw the film in theaters and was incredibly impressed by it. Wes Anderson is one the greatest directors alive today. Every single one of his films feature an incredible mix of odd humor, action and even scenes that are VERY touching.

When a film can take you on a ride through all those emotions in under two hours, that's pretty impressive. The guy is a genius.

Also, here is a shot of me in my (cheap, but free with purchase!) team Zissou cap

7 Comments:

Blogger erl said...

i LOVE wes anderson

2:29 p.m.  
Blogger D. said...

Jon: It's just a quote from the movie that makes me laugh.

2:48 p.m.  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Hehehe...ooh so studly!

Comme toujours! (Translation: As always. OKAY?)

I remember going to see it with Greg and some old friend/ex of his. She hated it. Greg and I loved it.

BUT.

I still don't think the whole man-playing-those-songs thing was that funny.

That quote, howeveah. :D haha..

10:24 p.m.  
Blogger Stephanie said...

God.

So sexy.

10:29 p.m.  
Blogger D. said...

"I still don't think the whole man-playing-those-songs thing was that funny."

I don't think it was supposed to be funny.

Wes Anderson just loves to have a strange (great) soundtrack in his films.

5:24 a.m.  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I'm pretty sure it was supposed to be funny, or at the very least clever.

8:05 p.m.  
Blogger Trevor said...

haha, classic. The soundtrack was awesome, just some guy on acoustic doing Bowie covers in a diffrent language. Good Stuff.

1:14 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home