Sunday, May 29, 2005

I'm trying.

Things have been weird lately. Events that normally anger me have left me feeling very indifferent, which is good, but also a bit concerning. I don't really feel like going into specifics, here.

I've been sleeping surprisingly well, even though these headaches still hit me every now and then, sometimes at work, but usually when I get home and right before I try and sleep.

About work, too, it's been alright. I've been not letting it get to me. That place isn't worth getting overly angry about. Not even close. I mean, I still get frustrated, but shit happens, right? so I get angry for the moment and let it fade as opposed to keeping it with me all night.

I wrote a few new things recently, but ended up not really liking them at all, so they've pretty much been scrapped or at least reduced to sitting in the "random jots" pile for now.

I pray for some creativity. It's frustrating how I use it as an outlet (one of my very few), and all these thoughts and feelings are swirling around in my head, yet... I can't get them out, or transform them into something worth reading, or more importantly, something I'm okay with other people reading.

Maybe that means my thoughts and feelings are useless.

Story of my life.

3 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

*Maybe that means my thoughts and feelings are useless.*

I beg to differ.

12:26 p.m.  
Blogger Stephanie said...

"The way I see it is that if there is at least one person who is listening or notices then all is not lost, eventually more will follow."

Exactly.

There is something I want to add, but it's a bit sappy, so I think I'll spare you the embarassment.

2:26 p.m.  
Blogger Geoff said...

Just the fact that you are thinking before writing indicates your wisdom.

It's a writer's thing. Instead of just writing down whatever comes to you, think on them. Write down good ideas/impacts/plots, and keep a sort of "archive." See if you can connect the really good stuff together. Waiting for creativity to come to you is like expecting a hang-glider to fly before you jump the cliff. Take it from me, I've made a career of writing, and creativity is a luxury I can't wait around for. Ironically, the more I try to create something, the more inspiration I tend to get for it.

Just put pen to paper, the rest is natural.

11:18 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home