Friday, May 27, 2005

Royalty...

Queen Elizabeth visited Edmonton recently, I think it was a few days ago. I don't know and don't really care. The thing that got my attention was the ceremony and all these other activities she took part in... and how much it cost. It seems the price of having royalty in your city costs over 4 million dollars.

To call it a waste of money wouldn't do it justice. I can't think of a word to describe how insane that is.
I bet the mayor and the planners made good use of that 4 million making real sure the parade didn't run past the countless homeless people who call the city streets home, or through the dilapidated neighborhoods that dot the landscape.

Money well spent, eh?

4 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

Yes, that kind of thing fucking pisses me off beyond comprehension.

BAH.

4:55 p.m.  
Blogger Geoff said...

You obviously haven't seen the tab that the Govenor General has been racking up, have you? Take the cost of the queen visiting... now, make it weekly.

Kinda like a toilet roll of money, stuck in the toilet, and somebody just keeps flushing.

12:38 a.m.  
Blogger D. said...

Believe me Raine, I know that story, and it's best to not get me started on it.

11:07 a.m.  
Blogger Trevor said...

It so is buddy, It so is.. I can see why people like her though; same reason people obsess over movie stars and the like. Me I have no use for her, or her "Royal Family". Just part of a past that doesn’t exist anymore.

My Dad asked me if I was going to go see her when she was at the legislature, I told him "I'd rather work"

5:28 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home