Sunday, May 22, 2005

Back at 'er.

This morning my boss called me and asked if I would be interested in coming in to discuss why exactly I quit. I agreed to do so.

When I got there I was greeted by the Manager (dumb) and my supervisor (dumber) we had a nice long discussion about my problems versus their needs.

I got to get my piece in, which felt nice. Truth be told I'm not one to "raise my voice" unless absolutely necessary, so it was cool.

I did admit to the fact that I regretted just walking out, that is not something I'd normally do. It's just incredibly irresponsible among other things.

After much talk, some lecture and a bit of the proverbial dick sucking on their part came the question to which I agreed.

I'm back at work tonight.

I agreed to this for a few reasons.

I am truly lost when it comes to knowing what to do next. I realized I do not want just another job, they are all the same to me, whether I'm doing this, pumping gas, working with my dad, etc.
It makes no difference. I'd hate every one of them equally. None of the options before me at this time afford me any great deal of happiness.

I figure I've been there long enough, and make decent money, so it's worth earning that money while I get my life together. The next job I get isn't going to be just a job, it's going to be something I love and enjoy. Call it a career if you want.

I pretty much wasted the first 21 years of my life, if I have to waste the next 21 trying to figure myself out, then so be it.

I no longer give a shit.

2 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

Sounds like a good resolution.

3:34 p.m.  
Blogger Trevor said...

I read this, and it hit a chord.

“I am truly lost when it comes to knowing what to do next. I realized I do not want just another job, they are all the same to me, whether I'm doing this, pumping gas, working with my dad, etc.
It makes no difference. I'd hate every one of them equally. None of the options before me at this time afford me any great deal of happiness.”

That’s pretty much how I look on work; it’s just something your forced to do. You can’t say no otherwise your poor. Every job is the exact same, I don’t care what your doing, your still
A. Forced to Do it.
B. You always have dickheads that work with you.
The only probable reason to do it is to make a living. The only thing you care really change is the type of work. With that said you should at least get something out of what you do, for me it’s working with my Dad I get along great with him, and I am always doing challenging stuff. I still don’t really like getting up every day and going in, or the fact that I am forced to do it. But at least in the end there is something I enjoy out of it.

Maybe it’s a good thing you’re going back, figure out some shit then move on. But seriously start thinking because time goes by pretty quick, next thing you know you will be 50 still working a job that you hate more than anything else…

If you would take some graphic design courses, when I start up my company in the not distant future dude your pretty much guaranteed a job. Your pretty good at that kind of stuff, the banners you made for Nintopia.com, top notch.

Then again, there is always Plan B, I keep telling my mom I am going to do this. Sit on my ass doing fuck all, and wait for the welfare checks to come rolling in. :)

Good luck with work.

6:29 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home