Wednesday, June 15, 2005

It begins! Again!

I just got back from a Midnight showing of Batman Begins and I have to say, I left very impressed.

You know as soon as the film was announced people pretty much declared that it would such, myself included, all thanks to Joel Schumacher pretty much killing the franchise with the crap films he made in 1995 and 1997.

It's called Batman Begins for a reason, that reason being it's the start of a new life for the franchise and this film does pretty much everything the right way.

Hardcore Batman fans might scoff at some of the liberties taken and the way certain things were changed, but for me, this is easily the best Batman film to date.

I enjoy the fact that it focused more on Bruce Wayne/Batman than it did on the villains like the other films. This movie is about a dark, disturbed and very angry Bruce Wayne struggling to use those emotions to become the hero we all know, and in that respect, it is perfect.

Quick notes:
- The Scarecrow and his "scare tactic" scenes were fucking great, but he needed WAY more screen time.
- The new Batmobile isn't as stupid as I used to think it was. The chase scene is one of the coolest parts of the movie, and that thing just kicks ass.
- Bale makes a good Batman, but I have to admit it was hard to get used to him a first.
- Swordplay!
- The rest of the movie was pretty much cast perfectly and all the actors did great jobs.

This one is worth your money, in my opinion.

Batman is back.

5 Comments:

Blogger Trevor said...

Awesome... I have to differ with you about the car though.I'd take the car from returns over that buggy thing anyday.

4:15 a.m.  
Blogger D. said...

Yeah, but the old batmobile looks like it would shatter if it ran over a fricken speed bumb, the newer one is much more badass, and it can fucking JUMP.

4:16 a.m.  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Hmm...you make me want to see it.

You make me want to see just about any film you talk about. Whether it be in high regard or disgust.

Hehe...how you guys can recall the old batmobiles is beyond me.

As you know D, I can't even remember who played Batman in each of the previous films. ;)

6:06 a.m.  
Blogger D. said...

Maybe if you had showed up.

ass.

7:14 a.m.  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Update!!

8:38 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home