Monday, July 04, 2005

For Wanda

Last night at work was a slightly better night than the past few. There were more people there which meant a lower work load for myself, but mostly it was because of my iPod and My Bloody Valentine and not having to listen to horrid "classic" rock all night. It's amazing how much smoother my mind works when I've got something nice ringing in my ear, not the chatter and yelling of others that I usually hear.

The past two days I've had some weird, cool and slightly disturbing dreams. I think my mind is working overtime or something.

The dream I had last night had me robbing a house with three other guys, who I've never seen before. We were in a bedroom looking things over. I had a fire poker in my hand and felt it necessary to smash it over the head of one of my mates who had his back turned and was crouched over something (seriously, I remember fearing for my life) he turned around slowly, and I remember the blood pouring from his mouth before he fell down.

One of the others guys, a big black fellow asked me why I did what I did. I explained something before he said"Never do this again" he then grabbed my arm and cut a huge deep gash on the bottom of my arm. I remember the feeling of it (sickening), but not feeling concerned or scared.

There was more to it, something about a ghost, but as with most dreams, I forget bits and pieces as soon as I wake up.

Somebody should invent a dream recorder. I'd pay huge money for one. To be able to watch the messed up things my mind comes up with would be entertaining as hell. Not to mention watching the dreams of others.

5 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

Oooh...that would be AWESOME. I would ask to steal yours for a night or three.

Now. Tell me about the other one!

8:10 a.m.  
Blogger Geoff said...

Great, a dream recorder. It would both fail and succeed for two reasons.

1) What you dream is seldom coherent for anyone but yourself. Also, what might be symbolistic for you, might be literal for someone else, and they can easily take that the wrong way. Also, seeing yourself in someone else's dream, and what that person says or does to you, could make things pretty awkward.

2) It's just an excuse to generate more pr0n, especially in the guys end of things. Most guys dream about normal stuff, but are periodically interrupted in their dream worlds by hot sex with imagined women. That is often the part that we "don't remember," when we wake up.

8:12 p.m.  
Blogger Stephanie said...

"don't remember"

haha.

Yay! You actually used the photo.

I can call dibs on you, right?

12:07 a.m.  
Blogger Trevor said...

That would be awesome, to be able to watch your dreams, play them back in black and white, then again some of them I don’t really particularly want to re-live. But it would be nice to actually remember them in their entirety.

12:58 a.m.  
Blogger Geoff said...

I'd prefer to forget most of them. Especially tonight. Godaweful, that.

12:59 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home