Sunday, July 10, 2005

fun.

Last night I realized that I don't really hate my job. I don't hate what I have to do, why I have to do it or how much I get paid for it.

I just hate the people I have to work with.

They are a group of seemingly lazy, thoughtless and greedy folks.

Only 4 people, myself included managed to find the way to our jobs last night. The others either called and gave some bullshit excuse or just decided to not show up altogether.

Extra hours are fine and all, but when I'm doing somebody's job because he's "tired" or has a "cold" well, then I get a little cheesed off.

But It's pretty much expected at this point.

They are, after all, some of the same people who find it necessary to get high out in the parking lot during our 15 minute breaks.

Kind of pathetic, really.

6 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

Mega pathetic.

I may never understand the appeal of getting high.

I hate life sometimes, but never once has the thought, "I wanna get fucked up!" come to mind.

10:49 a.m.  
Blogger Trevor said...

people like that are idiots, getting high is a waste of time, i still dont get it.

The part that gets me is if your paid to do something, why not do it and get it done. Rather than being a idiot, it used to happen at my work to, id have to come in early because some wanker, slacked off yesterday.

12:12 p.m.  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I guess the way I feel about drugs/alcohol/etc. is to each his own.

I used to have very low tolerance for the "let's get fucked up" attitude, but have since learned to not give a shit.

3:54 p.m.  
Blogger Geoff said...

Heh. I know people (who were friends) who were devoutly against altering their state of mind. Whether it be booze or drugs.

Then they didn't mind it so much.

Then they thought they would "give it a try," because their friends said it might be fun.

Now, one's a borderline alcoholic bar star, and the other can't function without a joint in the morning. It must've been fun, or else they wouldn't have tried it again.

Although, why somebody would do this at work, is anyone's guess. Some days, I just feel like altering someone else's state of mind with a sledgehammer. Some days...

8:11 p.m.  
Blogger D. said...

Yeah, drugs are one thing. Go ahead and waste your money on some weed, you think I give a shit? no.

But getting high at work just pretty much defines the word "loser" for me.

also, I can't count the number of times I've been asked to try it and declined. It's just not for me, I don't care how "fun" it is.

I have not needed it for the first 21 years of my life, and don't think I ever will.

11:48 p.m.  
Blogger Stephanie said...

It's really kind of nice of them to ask though.

I remember thinking everytime my old roommate Josh would offer, "aww how nice of him to be willing to share."

11:57 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home