Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Rejects

I saw The Devil's Rejects tonight.

I really don't know what to think of it. It ranks pretty high on the list of "most fucked up movies I've ever seen" so I think that is pretty good.

You know, I admire Rob Zombie and any other director who makes a film and doesn't compromise what they feel it should be.

What Zombie does is place these sick and twisted characters in front of us, have them do these horrible things, and we have to sit there and squirm and say "holy shit".

It's fucking brilliant.

It's the reason I can have a smile on my face while someone is getting beat to death with a log on the screen in front of me.

In a way, it was exactly the type of movie I'd make if I could.

So I guess I liked it just fine.

Anyway, these heavy eyelids are reminding me I only slept for 3 hours today, and it is way past my bedtime.

2 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

What Zombie does is place these sick and twisted characters in front of us, have them do these horrible things, and we have to sit there and squirm and say "holy shit".

It's fucking brilliant.


Heh.

You're definitely right.

8:49 a.m.  
Blogger Geoff said...

Supposedly, the neo-con article heads at my city's Herald newspaper really hated it. They said it demeaned women and promoted gratuitous violence.

Obviously, their support for far-right religious movements is on a completely different basis, such as preventing women from attaining church positions, and blasting "them damn A-rabs."

I might look into Rejects in the near future. For now, there's a chicken club sandwich here with my name on it.

12:59 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home