Monday, August 15, 2005

eighty-six 'em

I'm going to bitch about some things I hate.

1. People who think they know everything. The type of person who thinks they are better than others, but would never admit it.
They'll tell you things like they know what they are talking about and how they are surprised you had no idea.

They'll also go on about the most obvious things as if it were some sort of new found discovery. I'm talking small, common sense things that everyone knows.

Idiots.

2. Driving without any music. I don't like hearing the whine of my car and nothing else. I'm the type who will always have the radio on just for some noise, even though I'll trade loud ass music for a good conversation anyday.
When I'm alone though...Well, I turn that shit up.

3. Driving a hatchback in heavy rain when the rear windshield wiper refuses to fucking work. Fuck.

4. People who will not watch subtitled movies because they "don't like to read their movies" my dad is like this. He refused to watch Kung Fu Hustle today after finding out it was subtitled just a few minutes in.
It's not at all hard to read, watch AND enjoy.

Yep.

I talked to a buddy today and he was going on and on about how It's "a risk having nice things installed in your car" after I told him about how I was ripped off.

No FUCKING SHIT, eh?

Then said something to the effect of " crappy, but whatever, it's just a stereo. I doubt you had a real expensive sound system in there anyway" like a fucking moron.

I don't know how people cannot wrap their head around the fact that is isn't about WHAT was taken from me...it's the fact that it WAS.

He's a know it all, they typed I just wrote about in my little list. So annoying sometimes. I like the guy, but come on.

maybe he reads this.

YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE

6 Comments:

Blogger Trevor said...

Bah

The way I see it if everyone was like you and me it would suck even more. Even though that stereo comment is blatantly stupid. Its not the fact that it was stolen it’s the fact that someone would even do something like that, that would piss me off.

Music I always have music on, I am not really a big fan of talking in the car for a few simple reasons, I am there to drive not fuck around, the last thing I want is to be driving with Dan and Ryan and have them stuck through my windshield because I wasn’t paying attention and hit a poll, or lay some pacmen down on my hood.

People in general are fucking stupid, there are the few that aren’t but most of the time there isn’t a day that goes by where I wouldn’t like taking a chainsaw and having my way with people.

7:06 p.m.  
Blogger Stephanie said...

My dad is all for subtitled movies because he can't hear for SHIT. We always have the closed caption on for him so that we're not constantly having to pause and tell him what the people said.

One of my friends is sometimes like Person Type Number One. Fucking annoying.

I catch myself doing it on occasion (talking about something obvious as though it were some revelation), but it's usually because one of my other friends is a fucking moron about some of the most common knowledgey things. Like an oven mitt. WHAT THE FUCKING HELL DO YOU FUCKING THINK A FUCKING OVEN MITT IS?! WHAT THE FUCK ELSE COULD IT FUCKING BE?! I almost went off on him about it. But instead. I told him what it was and what it was used for as though it were some new creation...it wasn't until later that I asked how the hell it was possible that he didn't know, and couldn't intuit what one is.

Anyway.

That was an annoying conversation. Let me tell you.

Also. A tea ball. Seriously. The kid needs to make a trip to The Great Indoors.

11:32 p.m.  
Blogger Geoff said...

I think I've still got the crowning achievement for smart-talking dumbasses.

A woman gives me a rant for an hour about how she was a super-photographer back in the days of film, and Pentax SLR's. So I give her a short lecture on digitals (amidst her snorting and complaining). Once I'm done, she comes up with one brilliant question.

"What's an AC outlet? Where would I find one?"

I had to bite back the urge to snap back:

"It's the thing that looks like a frowny face in your wall. You know, the one you repeatedly violate with your over-eager appliance plugs?"

11:51 p.m.  
Blogger D. said...

oh, and Trevor, i don't mean talking constantly or anything, I just mean whenever someone is in my car, I'm nost blasting my music or anything. It's just a lot more comfortable for me that way.

I like the fact that when you and I, and Ryan go somewhere, we don't really say that much. Some people might find it odd, but for me it's not a problem at all.

10:15 a.m.  
Blogger Trevor said...

Yeah, its silence, but its not the akward silence, the best way i can describe it is enjoying each others company without saying anything, its weird for most people.

I am just not a big fan of non stop talking sometimes its nice to just exist with out saying, with a bit of background music.

5:50 p.m.  
Blogger Geoff said...

I believe the technical term is "chillin'."

10:59 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home