Sunday, August 14, 2005

Total protonic reversal.

I recently bought the Ghostbusters 1&2 DVD "gift" set. Those movies are great. I remember seeing them when I was young, and being kinda scared. The jokes/humor went all over my head, so it was nice to finally see them again.

Oh, and the Ghostbusters 2 disc includes two episodes from the animated series, which is reason enough to buy it alone.

I just watched them not long ago...and holy shit did a bunch of memories come pouring back to me. Memories of waking up early on Saturday and watching cartoons ALL morning. Cartoons back then were so much cooler, I swear to god.

Maybe it's just because I've "grown up" but the crap on TV nowadays is just that.

Though, there are some shows I liked way back then and watching them now makes me say "wow, this sort of sucks" but Ghostbusters isn't one of them.

It was awesome. It is still awesome.

As soon as the animated series gets a proper DVD release, it's so mine.

2 Comments:

Blogger Trevor said...

Awesome show, like you I watched it religiously back in the day. I had a seriously problem with the second movie though, I watched in the theaters when it came out, and it literally scared the hell out of me, I still have a problem watching it today, just something about that painting. Even as an adult I am scared to touch that movie, but the cartoon, next to old school Ninja Turtles and AstroBoy I don’t think a Saturday morning could get better.

6:59 p.m.  
Blogger D. said...

yeah man, that painting was the creepiest thing in the movie, I swear.

I really think the first film is the better of the two, though.

Someone needs to re-vive that franchise, I swear to god. Hollywood remakes so much crap...why not do something cool and give me another Ghostbusters movie?

fuckers.

10:25 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home