Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Drive

Me and my younger brother went to "pick your part" today ( I think that's what it is called) to grab a window for my car.

I had got an estimate from a few places that told me it would be around $190 for a new one, installed and all.

I quickly said "fuck that" and we found ourselves walking around this huge lot full of junked cars. If any of you don't know how it works, you basically pay a $1 fee to walk around, at which point you try to find a model of car you want to lift parts from. We quickly found a '90 Daytona and ripped apart the door before undoing some screws/bolts and lifting the window out.

Piece of cake, and it only cost me $25. I was told windows from a Daytona are all the same from '84 to '92 or some such number, so It had better fit or I'll be a bit annoyed.

I don't think it'll be too hard to put in, either. All the glass trapped inside the door is gonna suck to clean out, though.

It's going to be for sale very quickly, I think. It's tainted, now. I'll probably take what I can get for it and move on.

In the meantime, it's still got to get me where I need to go.

3 Comments:

Blogger Trevor said...

Good job.

Back when i had my Topaz i used to buy lots of junk from there, mainly tires/rims. Dirt cheap and most of the time in good condition.

I dont remember paying to get in though, they must of changed that.

8:56 p.m.  
Blogger Stephanie said...

At least it's just a buck. Which is even less up there than here! (No matter how hard I try, Dan, I just cannot stop stating the obvious, sorry.)

I wish you luck.

And know.

Fixing shit on your own is totally hot.

You murder me further and further into the ground everyday, I swear.

MUHHHHHRDUUUUHHHRRRRR. :|

;)

9:11 p.m.  
Blogger D. said...

I just cleaned out my car (I was avoiding it) and jesus, that is A LOT of glass. I just know I'm gonna be finding it until I sell the thing.

Anyway, If I could find the guy, I'd strap him to a chair and force him to chew and swallow every single piece of glass I vacuumed up today.

that'd teach him.

2:55 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home