Thursday, August 18, 2005

Energy...And the people who drink it.

Last night when I went into work, I was tired...Very tired. I mean, I'm always a bit out of it, but this was worse.

I made it up until coffee break when I decided I needed a pick me up. I went to 7-11 and bought some fancy energy drink. I downed what tasted like 355 ml of camel piss mixed with the sweat from a fat old man (yes, I've tasted both separately) and waited for something to happen.

It didn't. No "increased reaction!" "more mental awareness!" absolutely fuck all. And I knew it would be like that because I'm no stranger to these supposed "energy" drinks.

I remember drinking red bulls when you could first get them here, and telling myself it was really helping me stay awake.

I'm willing to bet it's all mental. You think it's supposed to affect you in some way, and so you make yourself think it does.

I know that caffeine, and all the other crap they put in these drinks effects people in different ways, and I guess it does absolutely fuck all for me.

I can get the same "kick" from a 50 cent can of coke as I can from a little $4 energy drink.

Of course, there is also the argument that maybe I'm always simply loaded with caffeine as it is, and so any other crap I put into my body does nothing. I don't know.

Regardless, I wonder about the people who make a habit of buying these things. It's an immense waste of money.

Oh, and you can't forget the whole "I'm hardcore because I'm drinking this energy drink!" attitude. Which does exist due to marketing from morons...to morons.

Idiots.

Boy am I tired. Time to drink some water.

Oops, I almost forgot:

8 Comments:

Blogger Geoff said...

Heh. Ever heard of Bawls? It's the guarana drink with the funky blue bottle.

Nasty stuff, but it was really popular here for a while. The kids would drink it by the flat.

And then they started getting nosebleeds, and nobody knew why.

8:09 a.m.  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I have never had a Red Bull. It's extremely popular here. Red Bull actually comes to our campus every year and does this huge marketing campaign thing where they give out can after can, t-shirt after t-shirt, etc. AXE does the same thing. And these anti-abortion people.

Sorry (except not really) that I kept you up talking until 5-whatever yesterday...I'm sure that didn't help your fatigue.

I have fifteen minutes to get ready. Blah.

That is a great photo of her.

8:53 a.m.  
Blogger D. said...

I want to take one of my swords and take that guys head off.

HATE, my friend...it's what I've got for him.

also, $1 or not, I still maintain the whole energy drink craze is retarded.

it's like pogs, only in beverage form.

11:29 a.m.  
Blogger Trevor said...

Its all mental, I used drink that crap religiously every morning, id be at the mac store buying it till it literally became something I couldn’t live without, needless to say I took a step back and realized how stupid it was, I was literally throwing money away. It did give me a boost or I thought it did, not mentally or physically more like slap in the face to wake up. Now just a good cup of coffee does, it taste like sewer in my opinion, but its warm, and at 7:30am its tastes pretty good plus best of all its usually free.

Nelly < shivers > I understands peoples anger, I hate that guy.

6:53 p.m.  
Blogger Stephanie said...

POGS!

Those so came out when I lived there.

I'll still never understand why boys loved them so much.

7:22 p.m.  
Blogger Geoff said...

Because they were round, and you got to hit them with something hard. And if you were playing pro, you got to take something valuable from your snivelling foes.

I still have a big stack, sitting around here somewhere. I had everything, the pogs, the double slammers, the metal slammers, etc. The only thing I was missing was the twister. It was a beast of a slammer, 8 inches of cast bronze, and shaped like a piledriver head. Sold for around $180 if it was a genuine one.

11:12 p.m.  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I don't think I was ever that wild about anything.

I'm still not.

OOOH. I lied. Lisa Frank stuff. I was obssessed for awhile. It was all so very coloUrful!

I still like coloUr. My room used to look like a bag of Skittles exploded. Now it just looks like I threw some up on the walls and on my shelves.

7:07 a.m.  
Blogger Geoff said...

It's not that I was crazy about pogs. It's just that I had good fortune, and a great many of them came under my auspices.

8:33 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home