Tuesday, August 30, 2005

It's like Christmas, only without the disappointment!

yesterday I received my new computer.





The first thing I noticed is that it's HUGE, pretty close to 2 times the size of my older one. It's also insanely heavy.
I guess size isn't really an issue when the thing has the horsepower to get anything done, though. It's rather impressive looking, too.

Also got a huge monitor that kind of hurts my eyes/neck. I also don't think they are the best for gaming, as you get that streaky almost "laggy" effect from time to time. It's not all that noticeable, but I've logged many hours on my old bulky piece of crap monitor, and I can certainly tell the difference.

Now I'm just transferring the last of my files. I bought a 40 gig external hard drive to do so...I wasn't in the mood for burning all my music and shit onto 20 CD's.

Still a pain in the ass, though, having to download things and tweak things and such. Soon enough I'll be comfortable with it, though.

I'm currently figuring a way of transferring my itunes play count stuff, because for some odd reason, it really bothers me that I might lose it.

How odd.

World of Warcraft runs smoother than ever and Battlefield 2 is like butter.

Time to have some fun.

4 Comments:

Blogger Trevor said...

Pretty sweet buddy. I noticed its a dell, i used to think quite poorly of them but after seeing Ryans computer in action, I am quite impressed. You should post some specs. :)

happy gaming.

5:38 p.m.  
Blogger Geoff said...

That beast looks almost just like mine, except mine has blue FX lights around the power, instead of green. Still looks nice.

Now, that blurry effect is because Dell is cheap and bundles their computers with LCD monitors with a horrible refresh rate. If it's really bothering you, try and track down an LCD with less than a 10 m/s refresh rate.

I know I got a little nauseous playing Half-Life2 on mine. There's nothing quite like being stuck in what amounts to a fishbowl, all the damn time.

I'll catch you guys online sometime. Rainez in WoW, Raine in BF2.

8:10 p.m.  
Blogger Stephanie said...

That is one hell of a sexy computer. That green light just really does it for me. ;) WINK

10:40 p.m.  
Blogger D. said...

yeah, 5.1 sound, and I can hook it directly into the sound card, as opposed to integrated sound, which is nice.

And yeah, I know about the monitors and refresh rates, thing is I'm not really ready to spend any more cash, so it'll have to do for now.

Also, Raine, if yours is the same as mine, you can change the colour of the glow in the BIOS, mine was orignally blue, but the green looks mega sexy.

Red is nice as well.

2:17 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home