Wednesday, September 07, 2005

RAWK.

I picked up my guitar for the first time in months.

I had to literally dust it off (see below).

Trevor sent me a sample of something he wanted done in bass form so he could maybe mix it into one of his songs. Luckily my new computer came equipped with some decent programs that make recording a breeze.

What isn't a breeze, however, is playing even the most simple of melodies. Seriously, it's pretty frustrating for me. I snagged my sisters guitar and could play it pretty easily, but on the bass, well, that's a whole other story.

Makes me wonder if I'm going about something the wrong way. Though I think it's just the setup of the instruments...that, and I have zero experience wih guitars of any sort...but I'm getting there.

I played for a decent amount of time...Enough to make my fingers sore, so I'm quitting for the day.

It's cool though, amongst the frustration is something that is genuinely addicting. Trying to make it sound JUST right, or just goofing around and freestyling.

I think I'll be plucking away a lot more in the future.


(Old dusty, out of retirement)

5 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

Hmm...guitar playing is the first step to total domination.

4:33 p.m.  
Blogger Trevor said...

Bass would be a lot harder than guitar to play I would think. Its more of a backbone to music, then again I might be crazy.

That demo you sent me was awesome. Just keep at’er man.

Ill send you some more stuff to bass up in the not distant future, that is if you’re up to the challenge.

6:30 p.m.  
Blogger Stephanie said...

PS I really dig that photo.

12:32 a.m.  
Blogger D. said...

I think you are right Trevor.

maybe not harder, skill wise, but very different, anyway.

Bass is used to sort of blend with drums and guitar, so it makes it kind of hard to come up with shit right off the bat.

Although in some songs, Bass can really drive it, and create the beat, so...

I just wish we had a drummer to drum, while I slap away at the bass, that would be awesome. They go together so perfectly.

7:35 a.m.  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Oh!! Me!!

6:20 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home