Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Rooms

Well, I grabbed my copy of In a coma today and I'm really enjoying it.

I have to say, though, all it does it make me want a new (real) Matthew Good Album. The three new unreleased tracks are such a tease, they are easily the best of the whole bundle.

Loser Anthems is useless to me.

The acoustic re-workings (rooms) are awesome especially Tripoli and Truffle Pigs, but some songs just aren't suited to that type of playing, I've decided. They might be great if the tempo was kept the same, but they are all much slower and deliberate which seems to kill the atmosphere of a lot of them, or at least requires a different mind-set when listening.

I'm not really complaining, because they sound excellent...But I just want more new material than anything else.

When I was ripping the CD's to my computer I selected only the new songs, which felt weird, but so much of it was just doubles.

I think this would be the best thing in the world if I was a new fan, but as it stands over half of the content on the discs is useless to me.

Still worth buying? Absolutely, as I said the new songs are worth it alone (for a hardcore fan like myself, anyway) and the DVD is just bonus icing on the cake.

Ryan and I also tried to change the oil in his car...THAT was a gong show. Oh well, at least we got his firewire shit up and running.

He better make some cool movies, now.

2 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

Ryan and I also tried to change the oil in his car...THAT was a gong show.


HAHAHAHA...dying. So funny. I can just imagine.

5:16 p.m.  
Blogger Geoff said...

Hehe, I've been there with the oil change.

"AH FUCK, that's HOT!"

8:09 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home