Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Hearts will bleed.

I FINALLY got to see High Tension.

You might remember me blogging about it way back when, pissed off because it never showed up at theaters around here...

It came out on DVD today and I just finished it.

Fucking awesome.

If you're a gore hound like me, you'll love this. It even made me wince at the things I was seeing. It's been called the best horror film in years by a lot of people, and I think I might have to agree.

It's not so much scary as it is absolutely intense. Which I really dig.

Hollywood can keep remaking old movies if they want (and making them crappy) , so long as French films continue to turn out quality stuff like this.

Sure, the movie might suffer from some of those horror cliches...But I don't care, it was fucking cool and bloody and that's all I wanted.

I can't decide whether I liked the ending or not, but the whole thing came together nicely so I can't complain.

It was beautifully shot, too...Which I guess is an odd thing to say when buckets of blood are flying everywhere...But still.

I'm keeping my eyes on that director.

I wonder if this is actually the uncut version. It's unrated, but if I recall correctly people were saying the completely uncut version would never be seen by people, so it makes me wonder. I'm also not sure why there are three versions on the DVD, I watched the "original French directors cut" though, I'll have to see if there are any differences between this, the "US theatre version" and the "US dubbed version"

Worth the wait, and worth seeing, I'd say.

2 Comments:

Blogger Trevor said...

"Uncut"?? if it exists, i would'nt mind seeing it. It would amaze me how they could make that film any more violent than it already is.

1:29 a.m.  
Blogger Stephanie said...

. . . I'm starting to wonder if I can handle it!

Guess we'll see.

BUT. Of course. It's going to have to wait. Fucking electric/gas bill being due RIGHT before I get paid. $125.10

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

12:12 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home