Saturday, January 07, 2006

Not just an excuse to post this picture



Anyone that knows me well knows I love this woman, and so I decided to get the above CD.

And guess what? It's pretty damn good.

"wait a second" you might be asking, "have you gone soft on bad pop music" you might also wonder.

But that's just it, it's not BAD pop music.

I myself can't remember a group or artist in the past few years that has been labeled "pop" which actually didn't suck...I really can't. (the 80's were another story)

I guess it's sort of a guilty pleasure, but really, to think of her or compare her to someone like Britney Spears or the 6,000 other fake manufactured pop stars is plain wrong.

She sings, she writes, she plays. She does it all, and it doesn't suck.

I'm not saying the album is the deepest most profound thing I've ever heard, but it is certainly well written and produced, and she even knows how to rock when she needs to.

You get your typical girly love songs as well as some "anti love" songs (which are all good. Yeah I said it), and some more "serious" songs concerning politics, Timor and the like, which was pretty surprising to me...But damn cool.

Yeah, I said it. I like Shakira.

4 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

Girly love songs, awwww...

For you I'd give up all I own and move to a Communist country, if you came with me, of course...


Okay, I will buy it today so I can stop singing Don't Bother.

1:16 p.m.  
Blogger Trevor said...

I can’t really knock her; I like how she makes her voice do that errrrrr thing. Plus when she sings in her native language that’s just hot.

1:27 a.m.  
Blogger Geoff said...

I have a feeling that the kid in the tree isn't reaching for the apple.

Shakira doesn't do much for me. I think it might have been her grooming for mainstream America, but who she is, or who she's trying to be, is lost on me.

Not to say she isn't hot though, I guess.

1:42 a.m.  
Blogger D. said...

Well I don't know about her "grooming", I think she's done a great job staying level headed, making the music she wants, and hey, look at that, she doesn't have fake breasts.

to me she's refreshing as hell when you put her side to side with other "artists" in whatever genre you want to stick her.

Which is exactly why it's easy to enjoy her.

Also I agree with Trevor, her Spanish songs are hot.

11:54 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home