Thursday, January 12, 2006

damn you, technology.

Yesterday I got a nice gift in the mail.

A photo radar ticket from the “Town of Stony Plain bylaw enforcement”.

Apparently I was going 20 km over the speed limit, which was 30 kph. So I’m guessing it was in the school zone near Ryan’s place, I must have just forgotten, or not realized…or something, I’m usually careful around schools.

The good part is that I’m not charged as a driver, so I don’t get any demerit points on my licence. It’s just a nice fine of $147 if I pay the voluntary ticket. I wouldn’t go to court over something as pointless as this, so I will be paying.

It just kind of makes you realize that it’s nothing more than a money grab for the RCMP/bylaw guys, which is what pisses me off.

Of course there’s the argument that I shouldn’t have been speeding in the first place, which is true, but I mean come on. It’s still silly to me, the fact that they hide people around town catching these big bad speeders. Actually, it's worse, they don't even catch them, they just snap a photo and staple a ticket onto it.

Anyway, here's to you Stony Plain bylaw enforcement, I’ve learned my lesson and shall never speed again!

Thanks for keeping the streets safe!

Douche bags.

4 Comments:

Blogger Geoff said...

Well, at least you aren't in Calgary right now. The cops here were ordered to produce an extra $1 million in revenue from tickets and such. Imagine receiving a $250 fine for speeding 10 km over the speed limit... when everyone drives 10 km over the speed limit.

6:07 p.m.  
Blogger Trevor said...

What a bunch of crap. I mean you were speeding so yeah you deserve a ticket, just like everyone else, but in the same respect, I think an actual cop should pull you over not some wanker hiding in a mini van snapping a picture. I have a big beef with this photo shit. If you cant pull me over and give me a ticket face to face, then don’t bother. Its nothing but a cash grab like you said. I feel for you though, because I am probably next, you look off your speedometer for like a second and bang you’re ticketed.

11:18 p.m.  
Blogger D. said...

Yeah, exactly, and Raine just proved my beef, cops are pretty much required to do it and make money. It's fucking stupid, that's all it is...it's not even law enforcement anymore.

Idiots.

6:20 a.m.  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I'm sorry schweetie. :(

BOOOOOOO on those stupid photo things.

They have them all over Boulder.

BOOOOOOO on quotas, too.





Taaaaafuuuuuuuuu!

12:13 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home