Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Munich

Quickly now.

I saw Munich tonight with the fellows.

It was awesome. The best film I've seen ALL year. Sure, it;s January, but you know what I mean.

I admire it for a lot of reasons, one being that a film like this politically charged and yet the Spielberg doesn't take "sides" on any of the issues. Sure, we view the film mostly from the Israeli side of the deal, but care is taken to show the other side, that these so called "terrorists" aren't monsters, or animals, they are living, breathing people.

Further more, as the movie goes on, you'd be hard pressed to find a difference between what the two sides are doing, as in... How is it that one group can be called "terrorists" and the others heros...That sort of deal, that point is made near the end of the movie, and it relates entirely to what is happening around the world today.

Brilliant, entertaining film. It's a shame it will never be as watched as all of Spielberg's other films, because the subject matter is awesome and deserves to be seen and thought about.

PS. I am not spellchecking this. Leave me alone.

2 Comments:

Blogger Trevor said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:22 p.m.  
Blogger Trevor said...

Munich was awesome, thought provoking, entertaining and overall the best damn movie of the year (so far). The one thing that bugged me was the hulks old man hates, fuck I hate those. Did people actually walk around in the 70’s wearing them?

7:22 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home