Sunday, November 15, 2009

tired as fuck so I don't care if this makes any sense or not.

Hey kids,

I have a weird bit of energy flowing through me somehow, so it's time to BLOG IT.

Last night we saw Matthew Good + Mother Mother and it was pretty great.

Mother mother is a better band than I at first thought. They were entertaining enough.

Matthew Good was fantastic as usual, and I got to hear Volcanoes, so it was all worth it. I also like the Shaw Conference center as a venue. Pretty nice place.

I got a decent video of Mr. Good asking the people in the back why the fuck they come to see a show but stand in the verrry back just because there is alcohol. I do believe he advocated getting ripped BEFORE coming to the show.

It was good times. Strangely enough, despite feeling ill the past few days, I felt great once we got there...and then crappy on the way out.

And then, perhaps the perfect way to ruin a good night...I had to go to work.

Due to more incompetence from the supervisors, nobody even fucking knew I had asked for the night off, nearly TWO months ago. How shit like that goes unnoticed is beyond me. Or it's their excuse, I don't fucking know. Or care.

The shift before I had told them I would be taking the night off anyway. There was no way I was missing the concert.

But, I'm a weird guy and despite sometimes hating the place, I don't like the thought of screwing anybody over (yes, even though I realize I'm the one who more or less got the screw job) so I ended up going in to work directly after the concert.

No, I don't really understand it either. I don't much care about my job, but I can't just be a cunt for whatever reason, even though every other person in there likes to take an extra day off a week and they never get in shit.

Guess I'm not built that way.

Don't get me wrong though. If shit like that happens next time, they can eat shit.

Anyway, it sucked cock at first, but I got a decent bit of energy and made it out of there okay.

Now I feel like ass and just want to crash, but since I have to work tonight I better wait until later so I'm not up at like 3PM.

shit sandwich.

3 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

You are such a good person. I love that about you.

BUT THIS MEANS YOU CANNOT MAKE FUN OF ME FOR GOING IN ON A WEEKEND TO DO OVERTIME.

2:16 p.m.  
Blogger Stephanie said...

PS I'm glad the show was wonderful :)

2:17 p.m.  
Blogger Tracy said...

The show was awesome and I agree about Mother Mother, there's been quite a bit of that playing today on Trevor's computer. Glad you managed to enjoy yourself despite how you were feeling up to it. The buzz kill for me after the show was waiting in that fucking parking garage for so long just breathing fumes...terrible.

4:43 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home