Friday, October 09, 2009

Music post, I guess.

Well I guess it has to be said that the new Matt Good album is quite fantastic. I consider it his best work since Avalanche, but I'm not sure if I like it more than that one. Time will tell, but it is already getting more awesome with each listen.

On the opposite end of the spectrum I've been listening to some Bucket Head lately. Aptly named since he's always wearing a bucket on his head. Also a mask.





Sure, it's an odd gimmick, but once you get over that or embrace it like I have (come on, mysterious is cool) and listen to some of his music you realize quite quickly that the mother fucker has talent like nobody else who has ever picked up a guitar. It's pretty amazing and creative shit.

maybe not the most technically impressive, but one of my favourites:




He's also got a range that is equally impressive. Some albums are full of metal type riffs and shredding, others are funky and then some are acoustic themed and downright beautiful.

Mostly all the songs are instrumental, but a few have singers from other bands performing vocals. I prefer his instrumental ones so far.

Bonus because this is just badass:



Nothing else to say.

4 Comments:

Blogger Trevor said...

This may possibly be stupider than fridge.

1:23 p.m.  
Blogger D. said...

Fridge is the best kept musical secret of all time

1:35 p.m.  
Blogger Stephanie said...

You think Bucket Head is stupid, Trevor?

9:35 a.m.  
Blogger Trevor said...

Yes i do! The guy is wearing what looks like a KFC bucket on his head, thats pretty stupid.

As for his music, what I've heard is pretty good.

Same thing with Fridge, the name makes me laugh. The few songs I've heard by them are great.

11:52 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home