Friday, September 11, 2009

shit on a stick.

Last Monday two of my aunties and two of my uncles got in a real bad accident while driving in BC on the Coquihalla highway.

Apparently, a car cut across the center meridian almost directly into them and caused their truck to roll over at least twice and skid on its roof for some distance.

The girl in the car survived even though from what I've been told (and you can read in the above link) the car itself was quite literally "cut" in half, which is insane. That is luck.

Incredibly They were all taken to a local hospital, looked at and sort of told to just go home...

So two of them did and when my uncle got into Edmonton he was more or less rushed directly to the emergency room where he was eventually told he had multiple broken ribs, a broken sternum, a broken disc in his back, one punctured lung and another full of fluid.

The doctors here told him the worst thing he could have done was got on that plane and came home. I guess because of the pressure in the cabin or something, I don't really know the details, but he's been in the hospital since then and isn't even allowed out of bed.

I guess he's also missing "one third of his head" which is not something I really want to see at this point.

I don't know the full details, nor have I seen any of them, but holy shit I'm just glad they are alive.

This has been a shitty few months.

2 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

Holy shit.

:(

I am so sorry :(

7:03 p.m.  
Blogger Tracy said...

fuck! bad few months is right :(

2:13 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home