Sunday, August 23, 2009

Getting Away from it.



So camp out 09 was a pretty good time.

Wolf Lake is nice and the lots we had were good for fishing from the shore and so on.

Of course, the only people who really read this are the ones who were there, so I am not really gonna share all the photos here. I'll put them on facebook tomorrow instead.

I still don't understand how anyone can sleep in a tent past 6 AM. I was up every 15 minutes either in pain or very cold, then would fall asleep for a few minutes and go through it all again...then just get up when it's light out enough or someone else is up.

That's always what camping is like for me though. Not about sleep.




It was good to just be goofy and enjoy existing for a bit and I am glad everyone who said they would go ended up going. It was nice seeing Ryan and Geoff again, considering I don't see either of them with any real consistency.

Good times guys.

PS, this will pretty much forever make me giggle:



Youtube pretty much raped the quality of it, but that's to be expected.

I also have a few other good videos, the one of Geoff in the water retrieving his hook is a laugh as well as Trevor providing the soundtrack to Ryan's wood chopping. I would upload them, but it takes forever and they end up looking like shit anyway.

I will provide them to anyone who wants 'em though.

I love you guys.

4 Comments:

Blogger Tracy said...

If you get a good air mattress then sleeping in works...but it's still not your bed. That video is classic, love it.

9:40 a.m.  
Blogger Stephanie said...

haha..that video is good.

I'm sorry I couldn't go.

Not apologetically, regretfully.

Yay that you guys had a good time!

8:28 p.m.  
Blogger ryan said...

it was the best time i had since....well the last time we were camping.

seriously.

life melts away when i am out there, and you just.....exist.

no burdening thoughts, no stress. just peace.

9:09 p.m.  
Blogger Geoff said...

And bacon.

2:38 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home