Tuesday, July 14, 2009

pointless blabbery that isn't important.



Trevor and I went on an epic journey tonight to see Moon.

Epic only because we are indecisive and decided to man up at the last second and barely made it. Not paying for parking and all.

The movie itself was pretty incredible.

It's basically a one man show involving Sam Rockwell, and holy fuck if you didn't believe or know the guy could act, you'd realize it after watching this because he makes this fucking movie.

There are a few scenes that are amazingly filmed, but because of the plot, I don't really want to give anything away.

The overall tone of the film is a bit of a mix. Eerie, heartbreaking and downright depressing all come to mind, especially now that I've had more time to process it all.

It's just really solid science fiction that remains intriguing as fuck throughout.

If I had to pick one complaint it would be that perhaps it is a bit of a slow burn, at least for the first half of the film, but that really doesn't apply to me, because things like that have never bothered me. I love it.

Also add in a fantastic, amazing soundtrack and you've got a killer movie.

It has to be said how amazing it is that this film, with a rumored 5 million dollar budget, just looks and feels so perfect.

I also just read that all the exterior shots of the moon were shot using "practical effects" like miniatures, which adds to the awesomeness because I love that shit. It just looks so damn cool.

Worst part of the night was the theater was fucking HOT and almost getting stabbed by aids needles on the way home.

other than that, thumbs up.

2 Comments:

Blogger Trevor said...

haha damn junkies.

That movie was pretty awesome. I think i would of liked it more if the theater wasn't an oven like you said.

Something about heat and Slow passed dramatic music that makes me sleepy.

The guy definitely can act. Its actually nice to walk out of a movie and actually feel like you witnessed something as opposed to explosion and CGI.

11:54 p.m.  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I like a slow burn too.

I'm really glad it was a wonderful movie.

3:43 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home