Monday, June 15, 2009

Music is so good.

I started listening to some music today. Felt like I was sick of everything, so I put it on random.

When it started playing some At the Drive-in I had to take it off random because I had forgotten how fucking incredible this band was.

I listened to them exclusively for a long period of time when I first found out about them...But really haven't listened in years for whatever reason.

You know how certain songs bring back memories and such upon listening? I would say their album Relationship of command does this to an extreme degree.




So much so, that I sit here writing this and have to pause and think for a few minutes to just remember. it's quite incredible how these things happen. I am feeling very off at the moment, but I like it.

I can't count the number of times I listened to that CD. Back when I actually had a CD player in my room in place of a computer.

I know it isn't for everyone. I'm pretty sure it took a bit of time for the band to grow on me, but man did they ever.

I remember Trevor and I arguing about their awesomeness back in the day. I recall Trevor telling me they were shit because they didn't have good “riffs” I also recall wanting to punch him in his mouth.

It is just an incredible mix of strange guitar, tempos and nonsensical lyrics and I think it's fucking brilliant and always will be.

Also, Afros:




3 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

:) I certainly like the couple of songs I have! hehe I can just imagine you punching Trev in the mouth.

9:45 p.m.  
Blogger Trevor said...

haha

Dan, that was back in my quote unquote "limpbizkit days". ATDI are pretty damn good. It just took me a while to realize it.

"STOP TRANSMISSION FROM THE ONE ARMED SCISSOR"

5:32 p.m.  
Blogger D. said...

haha, yeah, I suppose it was.

I just remember arguing. and also on the old forums.

6:45 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home