Monday, June 08, 2009

YOSHIMURA GOOOOOOOO

I finally got my bike back today and rode it home in the cold and the rain and the wind, but it was worth it.

I walked in there and all the guys were talking about how much I was going to like it and how good it sounded and blah blah blah.

“Jason was back there revving it up when he was done and I had to go see because I couldn't believe it was an F...it sounds waaay beefier”

and indeed it does.


look at Emily and her sweet new accessory.

Once you get to about 5K in the RPMS the thing really screams and I love it. The bike is also noticeably more responsive throttle wise which is fantastic.

I think that's pretty much the best sound you're going to get out of the ol' GS engine and I am very happy with how it turned out.

It sounds less like an angry lawn mower and more like a...wait, maybe it still sounds like an angry lawn mower...just even more LIVID and loud with a bit of growl to it. Something that I really enjoy.

Then as I was putting my helmet on some dude came over and asked if I put a pipe on it, then stood there to watch as I started it up since he'd never seen someone pipe a GS.



So I started it and revved her up and he smiled THEN reached over and revved it himself and I thought about striking him. I think he worked there though and was just curious, then he told me to enjoy and then walked away.

ANYWAY, glad to have it back and sounding and riding better than ever, WOOO.

Ps. I had recorded a quick video so as to show off the sound but my internet connection has been absolutely shit the past few days and I am having trouble getting it to upload...so maybe some other time. I'm not in the mood to fight with it anymore.

PPS. I wrote this post earlier in the day but am posting it now and just want to say it was fantastic seeing Geoff again and "Drag me to hell" was surprisingly enjoyable. You know, in that it is pretty much Evil Dead with all its goofy gross shit. It's about Time Sam Raimi, you fuck.

And goodnight.


1 Comments:

Blogger Tracy said...

ha I enjoyed this read....especially the part where the guy reaches over to rev your bike himself....what a douche.

8:27 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home