Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Everything at once.

I've decide I kind of hate people who use songs as ringtones on their cellphones.

It is stupid enough to use a clip of a song when someone calls you, but it is plain retarded and annoying to have one play when you receive something as meaningless as a text message.

These things should be reserved for 12 year old girls. Well, not really. Nobody should do it, but at least I would understand.

And why do they always have them so fucking loud? are people deaf?

Maybe it's just me, though. I don't feel the need to "express myself" with something so retarded.

Silent+vibrate for life.

Hell, recently I've been realizing more and more that I don't even really have a use for a cell phone. In fact, the only reason I even have one is because I am on a plan that my mother still pays for.

Which, yes, is funny in a "haha, your mom pays your bills" way, but the point is if she ever told me to pay for it, I'd probably just as soon not have one at all.

and on...

I've never been a fan of Green Day, but I caught their new song on the radio the other day, and it is perhaps the worst bit of music I've heard in a very long time. Yikes.

In other music news, the new Faunts album (ok, it's a few months old, but I just got it) is equal parts awesome and disappointing to me.

Upon the first listen, something about it feels very off, while a few of the songs are absolutely awesome. Very strange. Perhaps it just has to grow on me.

In video game news I have rediscovered my love for the Wiiware.

Ever since the update came out that allows you to save/launch channels (games) directly from an SD card, I've had more than enough space to purchase new games and have been experiencing the awesomness of World of Goo and Bit.Trip Beat

both very simple games that are just incredible in how it feels to play them. Bit. Trip is probably best described as a retro feeling cross between pong and some music puzzle game.



you get insane tunnel vision while playing, and it gets hard as fuck.

And world of Goo is just...well, fucking incredible.




Trevor we should finally install that blogging shit on Nintopia and just redo it so we can write about games there again.

4 Comments:

Blogger Trevor said...

"Fuck'em if they cant take a joke"

8:59 p.m.  
Blogger Geoff said...

"AAAAND IIII-eee-IIII WILL ALWAYS LOVE Y-"

"Shit, sorry. Mom's calling."

9:28 p.m.  
Blogger Trevor said...

Greenday is ok, that new song is kind of meh, I think they are passed the point where the music was semi-good.

Now its just generic commercial rock with a bit of fuck the government thrown in. I still like them though.

Cellphones, with me its not about expressing myself, i have "Oh Be Joyful" as my ring tune and its been on there since well i pretty much got my phone, i just like that song, i couldn't give a fuck if the person who hears the ring does or does not like it.

As for Nintopia, send me that link again, the backend you like and install it asap.

1:24 p.m.  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I...have a ringtone set. I won't lie. And of course it's a Garbage song because I love Garbage so much. But I didn't pay for it. Also my phone is always on vibrate or silent. Silent at work, vibrate the moment I leave, unless I forget, in which case it's on silent and I eventually look at it only to see umpteen text messages waiting. Oops. Anyway.

THOSE GAMES LOOK FUN. CAN I PLAY?!

12:58 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home