Monday, March 09, 2009

toys.

A while ago I randomly bought an EBow of of Ebay (link describes it better than I care to) and I got it today.

I was just messing around with it for 20 minutes or so (Without reading instructions or listening/watching the cd that came with it) and had a decent amount of fun.

From what I've watched/read you can do some really awesome fucking shit with it, but it takes a lot of practice to get it all down.

Basically I just ran it up and down/rocked it back and forth over the pick ups and made some ear screechingly beautiful (or horrid?) sounds based on which string was vibrating.

You can sustain notes forever and make a bunch of other sounds which is pretty awesome.

like this dude who is obviously a robot, or invented the damn thing:



I have not tried it on my bass, but I imagine it would be just as much fun.

In other music news I also got KORG DS-10, which is software for the DS, but not quite a game. It's actually an honest to goodness synthesizer program in which you can do some really sweet shit. Again, I find it confusing as all hell, but even a mogoloid like me was able to produce some awesome beats, editing them in real time. I also believe you are able to loop certain "tracks" you produce over top of one another to create some weird shit.

I was going to record a sample, but I am too lazy, so check this out if you care to:



Fuck, the DS is amazing.

So yeah, two cool "toys" to fuck around with, both of which get my creativity flowing in the music sense.

It's fun stuff.

3 Comments:

Blogger Trevor said...

JFTC, you have to bring that EBOW over, i didn't think something like that even existed without dumping tons of money on effects pedals. It opens so much more potential.

I wasn't sure what you were talking about in that text you sent the other night.

when i used to do those really really old recordings of earlier stuff, i had a studio on my computer which would let me emulate stuff like that, but actually create it yourself as opposed to using computers, wow man, i might have to buy one. If there not that hard to learn.

1:56 p.m.  
Blogger D. said...

I've watched several youtube demos of people doing awesome shit, but I'm never sure what other effects they are using on top if it, which kind of sucks.

The website lists/shows you what is is capable of, but I can't do any of it.

Apparently it is sort of hard to master, but the better pickups you have the easier it is.

I should just let you use it and see what happens.

I watched a video of some dude using it on a steel stringed acoustic guitar and it sounded fucking cool though.

10:00 a.m.  
Blogger Stephanie said...

What are pickups?

All my brain knows are trucks and lines. (lol1!!22@!1)

But seriously. You guys are always talking about them.

EDUCATE ME PLEASE.

3:01 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home