Friday, January 09, 2009

well guys,

I feel like shit. My head feels as if it has been kicked in by some RUFFIANS and is still spinning like a top...or a dreidel. Or something else that spins.

The point is that it sucks.

Add to that the fact that I am have never felt more tired in my entire life and it just makes for a shitty time. Especially at work. I should probably have called in, but I hate missing work. Yes, the guy who mostly hates his job dislikes not showing up..it's weird, I know.

And it's not even about the money. It's just the way I am.

I really didn't want to post this just to complain though. I'm just doing so because at the moment my head feels well enough to let me remain upright.

I finished Mirror's Edge the other day. It is probably the most frustrating game I've played in a long time. I almost threw my controller against the wall more than once. I was seriously SO close.

Not that I mind...I mean, I kept playing so it isn't really a bad thing. You just have to be in the mood to deal with it.

Also, I got this the other day:





It is 42 inches of goodness that is pretty much too large for this room. I will either mount it to an opposite wall somewhere and do some rearanging, or move the fuck out.

I'm not very picky about my TV's. It looks good and I got it for a good price and that is that. Considering I was using a 19 inch Citizen LCD before this (which I had no problems with), I'd say it is a step up.

And no, I have not yet removed the plastic or stickers that are on it because:

1. It annoys the hell out of my brother

and

2. I got it the day I started feeling like shit and had barely enough energy to set up.

I also got a Blu Ray player since my brother's friend gave me a good deal. I'm not going to really start buying Blu ray discs yet, but I wanted a player that upscales regular DVD's to 1080p and for the price it was just worth it since it plays both anyway.

Well, this is making me dizzy so it's time to go lay on the couch like a lump.

Over and out.

4 Comments:

Blogger Tracy said...

nice purchases. We were thinking of getting a BluRay but decided against it for now. The stickers on it would annoy the hell out of me too.

9:42 a.m.  
Blogger Trevor said...

Looks pretty good man, hope your feeling better. I almost bought a Blu-Ray player for Christmas.

Is your computer hooked up to that screen? if so warcraft has pretty damn awesome especially with a wireless keyboard and mouse.

5:31 p.m.  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Oh, I can see now that is really isn't a dresser. On my phone (where I first read this post) I couldn't tell!

It still makes me laugh a little though. It's just so massive compared to that shelf!

Mounting it is a great idea! Except...what about all of the cables for your video game systems and such?

2:38 a.m.  
Blogger ryan said...

nice buy buddy. the missus and i just got a 46in samsung. beautiful stuff.

as for blu-ray i got my ps3 for that.

1:41 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home