Thursday, December 11, 2008

Homage.

I figure I should update this sack of shit, so it is time for some randomness.

I think it's about the time I'm supposed to post a "boy it sure doesn't feel like Christmas time" post...and it doesn't.

I say it every year and it tends to get worse and worse, but it's crazy how little I care and how quickly that day is coming up.

I look forward to certain parts of the holiday, but not others. I sort of dread having to talk to some members of my extended family because...well, I just don't care what they have to say. Not in a mean way, really. I just...don't.

In the end it always ends up being fine, but you know.

In other news I have another job, sort of.

I am helping my brother and his girlfriends' dad do some computer related shit. It's his own company and he's busy as fuck.

At the moment I am only doing a few days a week so I can see how it goes and still work nights. So far it's been fine/cool.

We go to the movie theaters and fix all their shit including those automatic ticket kiosks (which break down every day) and it's easy because for the most part, the problems boil down to the fact that the staff doesn't know anything.

But there's also a lot of other stuff, he has clients and people all over the place. Yesterday, for instance, I was downtown in the city center mall testing reprogrammed access cards, which was tedious but easy.

Anyway, at the very least it's nice to have some extra money, and I'm gonna try and balance both jobs for the time being before I dump one for the other, but who knows how it will work out, I'm just rolling with it and not really committing to anything either way.

In gaming news I bought Chrono Trigger for the DS, because...well, how could I resist? and guess what? it's still my favourite game of all time.

I'm also making decent but slow progress in Dead Space finally, since I beat Fallout 3. I heart the plasma cutter. Imagine the shit you could do with that in real life.

Well that's all I've got.

3 Comments:

Blogger Tracy said...

That is cool about your other job...does it have long term possibilities and enough work?

7:32 a.m.  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I agree that it doesn't feel like Christmas.

I can't envision having the energy to wrap gifts.

Or finish procuring them.

Mall..s...ooooooooooooog.....(this time of year, at least).

And the fucking choirs in them. UGH.

6:30 p.m.  
Blogger Trevor said...

Good Job Daniel! As for Christmas i hear ya.

9:56 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home