Friday, October 17, 2008

New and old random thoughts. ILLUSTRATED.

I am having fun trying games that I've read were shitty. I am now playing Alone in the dark and guess what...I am enjoying it.

there are problems with it, like events where you basically cannot fuck up one bit, or you are forced to try it again...and again... like the driving bit where you dodge crumbling New York sky scrapers as you race to central park...but for ever thing that has annoyed me so far, there have been 3 other things that I've thought were awesome.

It's funny that this is pretty much the only "survival horror" game in a long time that deserves to actually be called that. You can use almost literally anything in the environment to aid your survival. Plastic bottles can be filled with explosive liquids (like gas after you puncture a gas tank of a car), then you can add rags to make Molotov cocktails, or attach double sided tape to make it stick to a target and so on.



It's brilliant and i am having fun so far. It's hard to say whether the positives will outweigh the negatives for the entire game, but so far there have been plenty of fucking awesome "scenes" so I am sticking with it for now.


I watched some of Batman Returns yesterday and was quickly disgusted with...how fucking awful it is.

I guess I MIGHT still consider it good if Batman Begins and the Dark Knight didn't exist...but I really don't think so. It's silly and stupid and cheesy (not in a good way) and just...not very good.

The only thing that holds up to the test of time is Michelle Pfeiffer...in the catwoman suit... and by that I mean it is still boner inspiring.


hmmm... what else.

Oh, right.

As I was telling Stephanie the other day I consider "Rua" by Clann ZĂș to be one of the best albums of all time.

Of course what that means is it is one of MY favourites ever. Like...ever.

I've known and thought that since the first day I listened to it, but I recently listened to it a few times over and the thought is now fresh in my mind again.

So everybody should buy it or download it and listen. Even if you don't like it, you will be at least 13.4% more awesome for having listened to it.

Well I have nothing else to say.

See you.

1 Comments:

Blogger Trevor said...

"Eat floor, high in fiber"

9:38 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home