Friday, August 29, 2008

punch it!

Well I got the bike insured and registered yesterday, but held off going for a ride thanks to the rain.

Today, though, I took it out for a quick rip just down the road and back.

It was equal parts incredible and terrifying.

I stalled it a few times at first because I am used to the shitty ass clutch on the bike I trained with. It's far, far easier to find that friction zone on my bike. Which is a good thing, I just have to adjust and get the feel of it.

I think I will play it safe and just stick to the roads around here for now. I might take it to work still, but just really take'r easy.

Mostly because I am still learning, but also because of the break in procedure I am supposed to follow.

Night/early morning generally equals less people which is a plus, but it also equals darkness, which isn't. I could actually just do laps around the parking lot (since it is empty) when my shift is over, which actually sounds appealing. I guess I'll see how I feel later.

I also think my helmet is just a TAD too large. There is a little too much movement when shoulder checking for my liking.

Not horrible, but it was enough to bother me.

Thing is I tried on smaller ones that were far too tight and ones that were far too large, so I took the in between size. Maybe it is the best it gets for my gigantic head.

3 Comments:

Blogger ryan said...

come to my house and i will ride on the back.

that's right....arms wrapped tight around you. i prolly won't wear a shirt either.

4:54 p.m.  
Blogger Tracy said...

Is your head gigantic? I never noticed :S I vote to take it to work so that we can see it. Hopefully you get some decent weather to practice in before the cold hits.

9:29 a.m.  
Blogger Geoff said...

Clobber a kitten and use it as extra padding...

...or you could just find something else to use.

Geez. Is that healthy that that's the first place I go? Helmet doesn't fit and I'm right there with a hammer.

1:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home