Monday, July 28, 2008

Bang.

Today was a pretty okay day.

Firstly, it started off rainy and gray and cold, which is always welcome. It was a real weird feeling drive home.

Then around 11 I met Percy and Therese at the mall and we went to the shooting range.

I then proceeded to have some target practice using a Glock 9mm.

I've shot a rifle in my younger days, but that was the extent of my real firearms experience, so it was pretty fucking cool and exciting to load up a handgun and squeeze off some shots.

Almost...addicting, in fact.

I did pretty well, hitting the paper every shot and the actual target MOST of the time. Not bad for a first time.

For the record I did pick the zombie target (obviously) but they got mixed up and I ended up with aliens.


Take that you alien pricks.

I'll most likely return there eventually to do it again. What a nice stress reliever it would be.

Perhaps try something larger next time, just for fun.

Then we had some delicious lunch and I went to James's's' and we played games for a bit which leads me to where I am right now, which is tired as fuck.

I cannot wait to sleep tonight and not have to worry about getting up to work.

One of the best things in the world is waking up, checking the time while still half alseep, and finding out that you still have like 3 more hours of delicious sleep before you have to be up, and then falling back asleep almost instantly.

Of course, an even better feeling most of the time is just sleeping. Period.

Best thing in the world.

Goodnight Moon.

9 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

Good job!

Fun too. I would've picked the alien one, I think. because they are cute little guys. And apparently I think it would be fun to shoot at a cute little guy. I bet I would suck.

Anyway. COOL.

And sleep is the best. I cannot wait for bed tonight and if I had tomorrow off that is the only thing that would make it better.

7:52 p.m.  
Blogger ryan said...

how much kick does a 9mm have?

9:01 p.m.  
Blogger D. said...

Not a lot, but more than I thought it would, I guess.

It is what they recommend for first time shooters, but I think most people stick with it anyway.

9:04 p.m.  
Blogger Tracy said...

That was some awesome wind and rain this morning. I didn't even know there was a shooting place in the mall...sounds fun.
PS I agree, about the feeling of waking up briefly only to realize you get to sleep MORE. I heart sleep.

12:04 a.m.  
Blogger ryan said...

dan, next time you go call me. i wanna shoot stuff.

how expensive is it? do you pay per bullet, per clip, etc?

i always heard it was expensive as hell.

10:10 p.m.  
Blogger D. said...

Therese paid, but I believe it's $18 just for entry (for the entire day if you want)

and then $36 for 50 rounds I believe.

So she just got 100 rounds and we split them between us.

So it's not too bad I guess.

but yes, let's go.

6:31 a.m.  
Blogger ryan said...

did you ever think about just turning sideways and blasting someone and then going down in a blaze of glory as the guards pumped you full of lead?


i have. i'd take at least 5 people with me.

12:40 a.m.  
Blogger Trevor said...

Sweet, I remember when me and my Dad went years ago it was pretty fun, but ridiculously overpriced.

Judging from what you said prices went down. I think my Dad paid something like $200. To shot 50 rounds each, maybe it goes by gun or something, he did shoot a magnum (Clint Eastwood). It was still pretty cool though.

Next time you go, drop me a line too, i wouldn't mind busting a cap in some aliens.

8:12 p.m.  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I..I wanna go..

Also, can you bring your own stuff?

11:10 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home