Saturday, July 26, 2008

random shit.

I just got home from my Papa (grandpa) and grandmas 50th wedding anniversary party and I am tired as fuck, but I feel just wired enough to not want to rest my head just yet.

I've been feeling that a lot lately, it seems. Like not just tired, but burned the fuck out, to the core, I guess.

So I did my best to be social, but an hour of random people (a lot of whom I don't even remember) shaking my hand or hugging me and asking what I've been up to was a bit much.

There was a shit ton of food, like snack type food, which was nice, so I just sat in a corner and ate and talked to my sisters boyfriend for the most part.

And then made a stealthy escape because I have to work tonight.

Being married for 50 years is pretty incredible I think, even to me the cynical "I don't ever want to get married" type guy. So I was genuinely happy for them in my own quiet way.

In other, angrier news, what's with the new Mogwai album not being released until September? if the mother fucker is done, I say give it to me, NOW. And don't give me any of that "September isn't that far away!" shit.

I did download one song from their site "The sun smells too loud" and it's pretty fucking good, so my hopes are high.

Of course there are probably people out there who have managed to snag the entire album illegally or otherwise already, but that shit doesn't really interest me....you know, as one of the few people in the world who still enjoy owning and collecting CD's.

So I'll wait patiently, and as always the experience will probably be extra awesome, it's just that in this pretty shitty world, new music from bands I am in love with really keeps me going.

you know, it's the small things.

Anyway, kids, the meds are kicking in and writing this is becoming less and less interesting.

You all take care.

2 Comments:

Blogger Trevor said...

Mingling one of the joys of life haha.

That Mogwai song is incredible, it has a untouchable emotional component to it. I've had it on repeat for what seems like forever.

8:01 p.m.  
Blogger Tracy said...

wow 50 years...that is a damn long time! Good for them.

12:05 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home