Tuesday, August 19, 2008

update.

Well kids, Today my brother and I purchased some Motorcycles.





"But Dan", you might say, "do you even have a motorcycle license?"

No, my friend, I do not. I have, however been wanting to get one for the past few summers, and while it's a little late, I will be trying to do just that hopefully as soon as possible.

My brother and I will be taking a training course and such to get some practice in and all.

Anyway, I opted for a Suzuki GS500F (that's me in blue/white) and my brother got a Suzuki
GSXR-750.




I didn't want anything too fancy or expensive...or powerful, so I got a simple model after reading a lot of reviews saying that it makes for a great first bike because it handles easily but still has enough power that you won't get bored with it too quickly.

Brother's bike is a beast because he needs the flash and the power, or so he thinks. It is beautiful, but aside from not really wanting to kill myself on something like that, I also didn't want to spend too much.

and yes, I am aware of the "motorbikes are death traps" attitude. For the record I don't plan on being a moron or pulling any seriously dangerous shit.

That is, assuming I even get a license to ride the thing. I have a terrible track record on tests of any kind.

Still, at least I have some inspiration now.

PS. Tropic Thunder was pretty awesome.

6 Comments:

Blogger Tracy said...

Where's the video of your first time on it? Surely there's one of you almost bailing??? I can always hope for a laugh. That movie was damn funny, especially the previews. Booty Sweat, "Cap into some Ass". And Tome Cruise made me laugh a lot in this one.

12:36 a.m.  
Blogger Trevor said...

Congrats! It looks sweet man!!! Ive been debating about getting something newer in the bike department but then meh mine still runs good.

Once you get your license we should do some riding.

On the Tropic Thunder side, that movie was hilarious, Tom Cruise is an idiot but was hilarious. Especially when he gets close to the phone and yells about "hobo's dick cheese" Oh man i'm still laughing about that one!

7:30 a.m.  
Blogger ryan said...

very sexy dan, very sexy indeed.

have you tried riding it around the sub division or anything? is it heavy?

6:10 p.m.  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I echo Ryan's sentiment. :)

I also echo Tracy's. Where's some footage, man!?

And.

I cannot wait to see what kind of jacket you get. YES.

Also, you should kipe those striped shorts of your brothers.

And yay, update :)

9:37 p.m.  
Blogger Tracy said...

PS your garage looks like a kitchen

11:17 p.m.  
Blogger D. said...

Well the Driveway was paved recently so I've been just getting a feel for it a bit out there. It handles easier than I thought it would, but I'm still getting used to the clutch and shit.

I guess it will just take some time.

If the whole sub division was paved I'd probably do some laps, but knowing me I'd hit the gravel, spin the tire and end up in the ditch somehow.

Also there will be no footage of me riding/falling so fuck you guys.

Also part 2: the garage does indeed look like a kitchen, that whole counter thing extends the entire length of the garage and has tons o shit in it. My dad spends like 95% of the day in there so he wanted to finish it and have it tidy.

THE MORE YOU KNOW.

6:20 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home