Wednesday, August 27, 2008

yissssir

Well hello again,

My brother and I started our motorcycle training course on Monday, continued Tuesday and today I passed the skills evaluation and then went and did my written portion and I now officially have my class 6 license.

Overall it was an awesome experience. I was nervous and scared at first, but the people there were all cool. Old people, young people they were all there for the same reason, so it was fun.

The instructors were great too. They were all nice and respectful and very informative, but laid back enough not to make it feel so stressful.

I'm glad it's over, because it was quite literally 8 hours of riding on both Monday and Tuesday and it is tiring as hell. I feel like I didn't even have my regular days off, but it was worth it.

On the test bits, the only part I had trouble with was the figure eight because I put my foot down and that means you have to start over. Mostly my nerves, but also because the bike had a seriously shitty clutch. I didn't want to switch bikes though, because I had been using the same one for the past two days and was somewhat used to it.

Tomorrow I will go and register my bike and get insurance so hopefully I can get some ride time in and see how smoothly that goes.

Hopefully I'll get to ride it a fair amount before it gets too cold/snows.

I'm gonna be taking it real, real, real easy at first. I might get brave and ride it to work tomorrow night, but we shall see.

over and out.

5 Comments:

Blogger Tracy said...

I bet if you drive it to work then Trevor will want us to go check it out hahaha. So there was no one there with pimped out mopeds? Good job on passing!

6:07 p.m.  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Yaaaaaaay!

I knew you would do splendidly.

Because you are a splendid man.

Yes.

:)

And so totally ride it to work tomorrow night!

PS Can you tell I emailed you before reading this? hehe

9:51 p.m.  
Blogger Trevor said...

Good Job man, finally i know someone else who rides or can.

When i did the final bike test i found the figure eight to be the easiest, i should of told you ride the clutch on that one, don't do it on your bike cause it would probably wreck it, but if you ride it on the figure eight it makes it easier, keeps your bike slower.

Plus dirt bikes have a wet clutch, or most of them do i think, so it doesent really wreck them

Let me know if you ride it to work tomorrow, ill come over on mine and we can lay patches in the parking lot.

11:32 p.m.  
Blogger D. said...

yeah I know to ride the clutch and work the rear brake for the low speed controls, but the clutch on the bike was seriously shit.

the friction zone was almost non existent, which made it hard to get a feel.

The guy said all bikes have a wet clutch and it's really not that bad for it if you keep it in that zone a lot since it's the best way to control yourself at low speeds.

Or so he said.

6:23 a.m.  
Blogger Stephanie said...

"Chicks do it better. Wet or dry." - Mom


PS Man, it's all voodoo to me!

9:22 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home