Monday, January 19, 2009

Greatest game ever invented.




Last night I went to see a hockey game with my parents and my brother. It was the first in a very long time and it was incredible.

It was also the Glenn Anderson jersey retirement night, so there was a ceremony before the game that was pretty much an hour of standing and clapping and honoring the guy and his insane career (this is not a bad thing. It was awesome) and it was pretty emotional. the guy almost broke down in tears a few times.

It's kind of amazing to see him and all the other "big" players from the glory days on the same ice and to hear the fans letting them know how loved the still are for the memories they provided.

The actual game was incredible, easily the most entertaining I've seen all season.

Ethan Moreau got a mother fucking hatrick goal with .4 seconds left in the game and the place went fucking nuts.

I was THIS close to throwing my hat onto the ice (as is the tradition) but realized...well, I only have one hat.

But it was cool watching them all rain down onto the ice.

Anyway, it all makes me realize how much I love the sport. Seeing it live is a whole other experience that I had nearly forgotten.

Only bad part is the cost ($131 each for the seats we had) but thankfully my dad got them for free from some guy at work.

I know none of you guys are really that into it, but I am officially suggesting that we all go see a playoff game IF the oilers make it this year. Even if we get the shittiest, cheapest seats in the building...I just want to experience that.

1 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

Yay :)

10:10 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home