Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Summer.




It seems that lately there has been talk of summer and good weather and motorcycles and it is driving me nuts.

For the past few weeks now it is all I can think about. When I'm on the highway and see a nice patch of clear, dry pavement I want to be transported out of my car and onto my bike. I want to feel the wind rush past my ears as I open the throttle and feel the engine come to life.

I got my bike and license pretty late in the season and as such I only put just over 300KM on my bike for those few weeks where it was nice enough to ride without worry (though I did freeze my ass off a few times on the way home from work)

I swear, I'll add double that the first day I take it out this spring/summer.

I am looking forward to just going for a cruise with no destination just to let off some steam and get more experience under my belt.

I've got some cash set aside for some real gear, mostly a jacket that might actually protect me if I take a spill. Shit is expensive, but well worth it.

Also, I will continue to bug Geoff to join the biker gang as well. One day!

I can't wait until Summer.

2 Comments:

Blogger Trevor said...

I know that feeling man, I've already walked into the garage a few times and just stared at my bike. Wishing i could get out on it.

we should do a burn this summer, even if its somewhere close.

6:32 p.m.  
Blogger D. said...

Yeah man.

Failing that, we will just do laps around your condo parking lot and piss people off.

12:04 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home