Sunday, April 05, 2009

yup.

Well I'm just sitting here enjoying a tasty beverage and decided I'd write about some random shit that nobody will care about.

I picked up the first season of "Breaking Bad" a few weeks ago and have to say that it's probably my favourite show on television right now. Not that I watch shows as they air, but what mean to say is it is the best show still in production.

It stars Bryan Cranston (the dad from Malcolm in the middle) as a high school chemistry teacher who gets diagnosed with terminal lung cancer and begins cooking Meth with one of his former students in order to see that his wife and kid are looked after once he dies.

Of course it isn't that easy and everything goes to shit as he struggles with his diagnoses and hiding his activities from everyone. Oh, and the drug dealing.

There were a few things in the first episode that sort of bothered me, but I let it slide. the dude can act and the show is a great blend of serious emotion and dark comedy.

Also the scenes where he transforms from "pushover, boring Walter" to "badass who doesn't give a fuck because he has nothing to lose" are great.

Go watch it.

In other news I think I am officially over World of Warcraft. Actually, I have been for some time. as soon as I got my bitchin' helmet from doing Wintergrasp battles, I realized the game just does nothing for me.

I log on sometimes and litterally quit after 30 seconds because...well, I'm just tired of it.

I don't know that I'll just up and quit right now, cause I like playing when friends are on, but aside from that, I dunno...it was a good run.

I think back to the days when Ryan and I first played it. Ganking people in Stranglethorn or going to Horde territory and creating so much trouble that tons of level 60's (that used to be the limit, kids!) would camp us and we'd have to quit.

I like the PVP aspect and I like playing with friends, but the trouble is, we hardly ever DO play together.

I'll probably still play off and on, but might eventually just stop unless they add some sort of real new content. I don't care about level caps. I'm done levelling. I want a new experience. New gameplay.



Eli Cash...the LEGEND

I was trying to think of a new game to play instead of it. Something vastly different, but drew nothing but blanks.

Then Ryan and I downloaded trials for EVE Online and I played a couple hours of it today. Pretty cool game and certainly far, far different, but it's almost too vast and a little clunky.

That all sort of fades as you get more accustomed to it, I imagine. Not sure if I'll play it as long or consistently as I did WoW, but it is cool.

Who doesn't want to build up a spaceship and explore the galaxy?

Hmm...what else?

oh, I bought a cool Spanish film called Timecrimes last week and it is probably the second best time travel movie I've seen.

Despite its silly (okay, terrible) name, it is actually a great film with a lot of "what the fuck!?"moments throughout. It also doesn't rely on special effects or have a huge budget, but everything about it just "clicked" for me.

That's about all I have to say at the moment.

3 Comments:

Blogger Trevor said...

Warcraft used to be fun, I still play it cause of you guys and Trace.

I still enjoy it, but once you get your guy to 80 the game is meh, i am running my rogue through it but the quests are so meh, i've done them all already and its hard to care.

If you guys start a new MMORPG that you really get into, let me know ill give it a try.

10:13 p.m.  
Blogger Geoff said...

I don't think I'm ever going to get to level 80. Blizzard seems to think that by destroying all of the classes that I enjoy playing, that I'll continue to fork money in their general direction.

I don't think I want to.

And what with Diablo III coming out soon, I might not have to.

11:43 p.m.  
Blogger ryan said...

tomorrow i am gonna EVE it up. i think it's gonna be my new game. wow isn't the same without elicash.


the glory days are over.

9:33 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home