Sunday, May 24, 2009

Armistice



Ever since I got a bike, I swear that I think about it/riding in general at least once every 20 minutes. It is quite absurd and I am quite sure the old saying of being "bitten by the bug" really applies here.

Having nothing to do yesterday and feeling a bit...off. I set out for a ride as it was a beautiful day. what followed was just a quick hour or so of complete awesomeness.

I found the best feeling in the world is being on a bike and having the road to yourself. I enjoy the highway, but I LOVE the twisty country backroads. Throwing the bike into a curve is something that is exciting every single time.

I still get nervous anytime a shitload of cars are around. Even stopping at a red light. I'm certainly getting more used to it though.

then again, being nervous for me usually equals being very aware, so it's not all bad.

At any rate, I eventually ended up in Spruce Grove and stopped at that little day use park/visitor center off the highway and had a sit on one of the benches for a break.

I was pretty much the only one there, under the shade of a large tree I just enjoyed the nice breeze and thought about things. Nothing in particular. The point is that it was relaxing as fuck for the 20-30 minutes I just existed there.

Then some other people stared showing up so I got the hell out of there.

It was a fantastic day.

2 Comments:

Blogger Trevor said...

Awesome!

Its weird, how bikes do that. Its like once they grab you they dont let go.

Riding is a passion, and if your not a prick about it

ie "pretending your speed racer and trying to break the sound barrier" Its pretty fun and safe.

Next time your out, swing by here ill join you.

8:12 p.m.  
Blogger D. said...

yeah man, I don't really see the point in speeding excessively or acting like a prick.

I sort of just like to enjoy the ride.

Although it certainly is awesome to open 'er up a little when there isn't much traffic.

But even then, I only really go as fast as I would in my car in the same circumstances.

not like these people who ride down the highway going 220.

9:43 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home