Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Rename this "the motorcycle blog"




Me and my brother took off last night for a ride and ended up covering a solid 130 KM just riding down past the power plant and the mine, through the HAMLET of Tomahawk and then down to the North Saskatchewan river, which involved a little bit of off road action.





The road past the mine and power plant is incredible for riding. hardly any traffic in the evenings, with these great curves and hills and scenery. It was probably the most relaxing and beautiful time I've been on a bike, and really gave me a feel for what going on a longer trip might be like.

The bike was running great and everything, the only bad part is when we got home, I noticed something had been leaking and dripping onto my exhaust pipe. Something that we are now pretty sure is battery acid.

I know it had to have occurred when we were close to home, because we stopped often enough and I would have noticed before hand.

All I could do is wash it down a bit once it cooled.

The stainless steel finish of the pipe is ruined and put a pretty shitty cap on a fantastic evening.




I'm not all that annoyed since the bike should still be under a full warranty. Of course, I'm also willing to bet there is some fine print or something that is going to force them to act like cunts and not fix it for free, but we'll see.

I've got to call the dealer and sort it out later. Or maybe I should just ride it there and cause a ruckus.

eh, really I can't blame anything. Just seems like really crappy luck to me.

Oh well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home