Saturday, July 04, 2009

Now you're playing with power....SUPER POWER!

A couple days ago I hooked up my Super Nintendo because I was bored and because I had just finished playing Final Fantasy IV: the after years on the Wii (on wiiware) which is essentially a sequel to Final Fantasy IV on the SNES, same style of graphics and all.

So while my boner subsided I dug out my games. Most of which are RPG's because as everyone knows the SNES has the best RPG's ever. I remember when I first started using EBAY, I bought a lot of games that I could never buy as a kid because...well, I was a kid.

Some of the Gems

I own quite a few, but let me tell you a secret: I've never really finished most of them. I've started them over countless times, but never finished.

Since Final Fantasy was fresh on my mind, I popped in Final Fantasy II (Which is actually IV) and began playing.

And then my boner came back.


It then occurred to me that if the video game industry somehow went though some sort of time warp and all we had were SNES quality graphics and gameplay that it probably wouldn't bother me one bit.

Some of that is nostalgia but most of it is because these games are fucking CLASSIC never to be forgotten EXPERIENCES and I long for a day where a game makes me feel the way Chrono Trigger or the older Final Fantasy games did.

It will never happen.

It has always been less about graphics and more about story and character to me.

SO WE MUST HANG ON TO THE REMNANTS OF THE GOLDEN ERA OF VIDEOGAMES.

Cutting edge graphics and writing, kids. They don't make 'em like they used to.

So I am slowly making progress through this epic tale, next up will probably be Final Fantasy III which I will finally conquer. AN EVENT 15 YEARS IN THE MAKING.

Best Console ever made. EVER

8 Comments:

Blogger Fair said...

Yay :)

If your SNES ever dies, you can have mine. Box and all.

It has been held on to through I don't even know how many moves and has only had a handful of hours of play (compared to yours!)

5:52 p.m.  
Blogger Trevor said...

Every system Nintendo has ever made has that feeling for me. There is always a handful of games that make it special.

10:42 p.m.  
Blogger D. said...

That is true, really. Nintendo is just magic and always will be.

I hold the SNES above all else though.

Also, I would gladly take your SNES Fair, so be careful.

I don't think they ever die though. Our family one has been dropped, kicked over, had drinks spilled on it and so on, and it still works fine, which is pretty incredible after all these years.

6:48 a.m.  
Blogger Stephanie said...

What the hell!? Why did it say Fair!

This is Stephanie!

2:19 p.m.  
Blogger D. said...

don't worry, I'll take yours too!

2:20 p.m.  
Blogger Geoff said...

I never had a SNES.

So instead, the Gameboy Advance SP took my place for favorite console ever.

Unfortunately, it went missing after my move from Drayton. I've never been complete since.

3:02 a.m.  
Blogger Tracy said...

I never had a SNES...*sniff sniff*

12:30 p.m.  
Blogger Trevor said...

Don't cry Trace i have enough SNES to go around for the both of us.

10:23 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home