Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Mind = blown.

District 9 is INCREDIBLE

So incredible I broke out the ITALICS just then.

Fuck the haters.

Seriously, I'm not sure how anyone could feel otherwise. This movie blew my expectations away.

And it just has to be said how amazing it is that this film, with a 30 million dollar budget (considered "shoe string" these days) has better acting, settings action and CGI than anything else I've seen this summer.

I've never before watched a movie with so much CG, and come away feeling like it didn't.

It is the strangest thing. Some would argue the quality isn't on par with Transformers or something, but the point I'm trying to make is that it feels like it is, and so much more.

Perhaps because it's 500 times more engaging than that film so I didn't have to sit there going "ooooh, that's pretty" while being bored to tears.

Instead, it was simply believable.

It was also quite bloody, humorous, intense AND has a great message.

But it doesn't beat you over the head with said message.

Awesome.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tracy said...

yeah yeah it was good, I can admit it. I'm glad I went even if I was less than psyched about it. Funniest part = flying pig, that'll have be laughing for a while.

9:58 p.m.  
Blogger Trevor said...

That movie was incredible, i had no clue what it was about going in but i want to see it again.

I feel like you said, i walked out of that movie entertained and satisfied.

Good stuff.

10:03 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home