Monday, August 10, 2009

400th post extravaganza!

Not really though, just more random thoughts.

A while back I made a post about how I realized again how awesome an album Relationship of Command by At the Drive-in is.

You can take all that and pretty much apply it to "The ugly Organ" by Cursive as well. A few nights ago while listening to my Zune at work it came on and I just remembered how well done it is.



I could gush about it for some time, but what's the point. All I'll say is that I highly recommend it. And listening to it from beginning to end in one sitting if possible.

Lately, random bike rides have become even more of a great way to clear my head. I've spent quite a bit of time between here and south on 770 past the Genesse power plant. That is a beautiful ride.

Also, it never really bothered me before but it sort of does now. What is with people who ride in nothing but shorts, a T shirt and some sandals? to me that is an absolutely absurd thought.

I know, I know, people can make their own choices, but I would never ride without a jacket on. Even in the scorching heat, it's not so bad when you are riding. I'm not saying dress up in leathers head to toe, but at least cover your sweet flesh with SOMETHING.

It's always older dudes I see on Harleys and cruisers too, which is odd considering how the sport bike guys are supposed to be the irresponsible ones.

While I'm at it, how could anyone NOT want to wear a full faced helmet? If I'm going ass over handle bars or something, I sure as fuck want to protect my face and jaw just as much as my head.

Personal taste/comfort versus the risk, I suppose. I understand it completely, actually, so the question mark up there is more rhetorical than anything. You get my point, though.

In other news, I am not shaving until my parents/I get to move back into our house. My dad and I refer to it as a refugee beard.

I am well aware of my inability to grow a real beard, and that it is going to look so disgusting, but that's cool. Nobody thinks I'll pull it off, and they might be right, but as soon as some cash bets get involved, I might stay resolute.

Anyway, I'll understand if none of you want to be seen in public with me.

That's it for me kids.

4 Comments:

Blogger Tracy said...

Trevor and I were talking about that when we were driving in the US, so many people on bikes acting like idiots. Since Trev recently shaved his beard off he can take part in your refugee beard growing cause.

2:30 p.m.  
Blogger ryan said...

i put 50 bucks on you keeping it.

5:22 p.m.  
Blogger Trevor said...

Beards fucking rule, I'm growing mine out like that guy from the EELS.

Riding bikes is a life choice, no matter how much protection you put on, if you get hit or hit something your either badly hurt or dead. But idiots in shorts and sandals i dunno about that.

5:45 p.m.  
Blogger Stephanie said...

One of my dad's friends, Wayne (maybe you remember me talking about him from time to time?) has been in entirely too many bike accidents. He's pretty fucked up from them, but at least still alive. By fucked up I mean brain damage and all kinds of pins and shit in his legs/hips. His back is all jacked up too. My dad's hearing loss and brain damage is in part from a dirt bike accident.

Anyway. Scares me.

And okay, aside from the whole idea of your bare ass skin skidding along the pavement (oh, god), what about the fucking exhaust pipe? If your foot or leg somehow touched it that would burn like a sonofabitch. I don't know how easy it is for that to happen, but man. Sandals seem like a BAD idea to me!

I see both older fellows on motorcycles and young guys on crotch rockets doing just what you said.

Stupid.

Please never get hurt :(

I'd still love you even if you were in a coma though. For thirty years.

I hope you do keep your refugee beard. The idea and calling it that makes me laugh. hehe

3:21 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home