Wednesday, August 05, 2009

follow up

So, things have been getting better. We've had guys at the house pretty steady since the day after the fire and so the house is pretty much cleaned out now.

They box up all the stuff we want to keep and apparently clean it and check to see if it works. They have some sort of ozone room which can suck out toxins/smoke or whatever.

They took my Wii and my Xbox 360 before I could grab them, which kind of pisses me off because 1. I am sure they are fine
and
2. Who the fuck knows when I will get them back.

We also found a house to rent which is basically in the same subdivision. I could drive to our house in about 30 seconds, so that is cool I guess, especially for my parents who really wanted to be as close as possible.

I have very mixed feelings about this house, though. I spent last night here with my sister, and the night before cleaning it up as best we could.




I know part of it is that I just don't want to live in some random house because it won't feel like home, but another part is that I just have this uneasy feeling and also that this house appears to have been renovated by a gang of mentally retarded children with power tools.

I am not a picky person and a lot of what I've noticed might be trivial to some people, but seriously.

stupidity on parade:


You can quite literally see down into the laundry room when the light is on.


"oh god I must have measured wrong somewhere, let's just build a cabinet over the vent anyway and make it a halfer. durr"




I'm no builder, but I have never seen such shoddy installation of baseboards/carpet in all my years. I hope to god this owner did this himself with a hammer and some nails, because if he paid to get this done he got ripped right the fuck off. It is a lot worse than this in some places.

That's Bush league!


Throw in some water damage in the basement bathroom to make it even more complete.

Other things:

- Mouse shit. I realize the house hasn't been lived in for some time and it's "a country house" and therefore almost impossible to keep the fuckers out and from what I've seen there aren't any mice in here at the present so hopefully they came and went, but still, who the fuck wants to live in it? these people didn't even try to clean it. I think they said they would get someone to do it and to their defense, I don't think they were even trying to rent it at the time, but come on.

- Who the fuck puts light switches to bathrooms and some bedrooms on the OUTSIDE of the room?

- Why is every single power outlet looser than Paris Hilton?

And plenty more.

There are some good things, and like I said (or meant to say) some of these things can be fixed quite easily or aren't really that big a deal, but shit man, if I owned a house I'd be doing things to it a lot better than this.

These people want to sell this thing for around 430K and that is absurd as fuck.

Some cool things:



This was around 6 AM when I got up. It was soothing to watch.

- There is a router plugged in and working in the laundry room and I am currently tapped into it and that is why this post exists.

- The showers look like they are space capsules.

Overall I probably sound like a whiny complaining bitch, but I'm not really like that. I will sleep anywhere, and am glad to have my own space. With time I will probably get more used to it and so on, but I'm just glad we are renting and don't have to stay here forever.

3 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

haha..the heat vent thing. I've seen that before in another house I lived in.

Stuff like that makes me so mad!

This place would make you mad too! There are equally as dumb things here and there. More structural than aesthetic though.

That picture of the pond/lake thing is cool!

Also nice hardwood floors. I love wood flooring.

haha, ooh my god though. That you can see down into that room. What the fucking fuck. SERIOUSLY.

Fucking idiots. What the HELL is wrong with people accepting shoddy work!?

(Like doors that don't fit properly. If I ever paid someone to build a home for me and things weren't 99% perfect I wouldn't fucking PAY them until they FIXED it.)

ugh.

I'm sorry.

Also mice. hehe...stupid things. We had issues keeping them out at our place down the road from Trevor's.

8:27 p.m.  
Blogger Tracy said...

hahaha those pictures are great. I love when people think that water damage is disguised by repainting it but my favourite is the accidental cabinet over the heating vent, nice one. Glad you guys found a place pretty quickly and near your old place.

9:01 a.m.  
Blogger ryan said...

nice view, somewhat crappy house. Glad you at least have a place for the time being.

You can always come and live with me and go half on rent for something!! my lease is up at end of month. :)

NO? thought so, jerkstore.

1:12 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home