Friday, August 14, 2009

Alright. SIR.

I enjoy the small things in life and always have.

One thing that makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside EVERYTIME is when another motorcycle initiates/returns the biker wave.

I'm no veteran, and although it is ridiculously written, this is all mostly true from my limited experience. Just not entirely. I think it depends on the rider and the mood they are in.

For the record, I'll usually do the big two fingers out wave to just about any other bike coming toward me and usually get a "reply" 80% of the time. I don't care what they are on or how they are dressed up. It's the BROTHERHOOD, man.

Most of the time they do it first which is even cooler.

Harley riders appear to have a stick shoved up their ass though, which led me to this funny list from some other site:

Top Ten Reasons Why Harley Riders Don't Wave Back

1. They're afraid it will invalidate their factory warranty.
2. Leather and studs make it too hard to raise their arm.
3. They refuse to wave to anyone whose bike is already paid for.
4. They won't let go of handlebars because they might vibrate off.
5. The rushing wind could blow the scabs off their new tattoos.
6. They're angry over the second mortgage needed to pay for the new Harley.
7. They just discovered the fine print in their owner's manual revealing that The Motor Company is partially owned by rice-burner manufacturers.
8. They can't tell if other riders are actually waving or just reaching up to cover their ears, like everyone else.
9. If they wave back, they risk being impaled on their spiked helmet.
10. They're upset that after spending $30,000, they still don't own a bike that's as comfortable as a Goldwing.

and just for the hell of it:

Top Ten Reasons Why Goldwing Riders Don't Wave Back

1. They aren't sure whether the other rider is waving or making an obscene gesture.
2. They risk getting frostbite if they take their hand off the heated grip.
3. They have arthritis and it is difficult to raise their arm.
4. The reflection from the etched windshield was momentarily blinding.
5. The on-board espresso machine had just finished.
6. They were asleep when other rider waved.
7. They were involved in a three-way conference call with their stock broker and accessories dealer.
8. They were distracted by an oddly shaped blip on their radar screen.
9. They were simultaneously adjusting the air suspension, seat height, programmable CD player, seat temperature and satellite navigation system.
10. They couldn't find the "auto wave-back" button on their dashboard.

Hey Trevor, HEY!?

There was a sportbike one but this is already a retarded enough post that I won't include it.

I usually just mumble "child rapist" if they don't wave back and carry on my way.

AHHH, YES, THE SMALL THINGS.

7 Comments:

Blogger Tracy said...

hahahaha

1:18 p.m.  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Cool. There is similar camaraderie between convertible drivers around here, but ONLY when the top is down.

Humans are strange.

4:01 p.m.  
Blogger Tracy said...

For some reason the convertible thing would make me laugh. I dunno why but it does.

4:05 p.m.  
Blogger Trevor said...

I wave at everyone.

Except its the sport bikes that dont usually wave back for me. I dont think i've ever passed a harley/goldwing owner (that i can remember) not waving.

I think it hugely depends on what your riding.

That was kind of funny because my goldwing has zero amenities, your bike probably has more features.

I did look at a new goldwing a while back and they look like shuttle control for NASA. Comfy but you need to be a egg head to operate it.

7:36 p.m.  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Mmmm...egg heads...

ha, this lady who drives a car identical to mine (her plates read BFC Mom) waves very hugely and honks her horn when she sees me. It's kind of cute. She also smiles a LOT. She lives out near me too, which is kind of odd. ...And she works literally on the same street...it's really weird. ANYWAY. .......yes, it's amusing.

11:32 p.m.  
Blogger D. said...

CONVERTIBLES PFFFFFFFFFF

Trevor, I saw a newer Goldwing once and my head almost exploded because of all the shit it had onboard. It was funny.

my bike doesn't even have a fuel gauge!

anyway, let's continue to wave at everyone and spread the love.

TREVOR, WE'VE GOT TO BREAK DOWN THESE BARRIERS THAT HOLD US ALL BACK.

11:55 p.m.  
Blogger Trevor said...

Yeah those newer ones have an insane amount of features.

Fuck Barriers, i just ride, I wave, and get this i don't really care if you don't wave back. I did my duty, you want to be an ass that your problem.

The other guys is probably some yuppie lawyer from Vancouver who rides once a year and is to good for everyone.

1:36 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home