Saturday, September 05, 2009

Dexto

I just finished watching season 3 of Dexter and while it had some things I really didn't care for, I enjoyed it quite a bit...in spite of negative things I'd heard about it.

In fact, I'd say I enjoyed it just as much or more than season two.

My beefs come from the fact that the writers, however talented they may be, are boring.

Two complaints:

1. Why does Dexter have to always allow someone to get close to his "real" self? we all know it's going to end badly because he can't trust anyone with his secrets.

You don't even really have to answer that. They write it because it makes the show more tense, I get it...it's just going to get very tired pretty quickly.

2. The appear to have forgotten how he was in the first season. Instead of Dexter faking normal in his relationships/human interaction, the show instead now feels like two different shows jammed into one (I mean this in a bad way) because all the "family man, caring Dexter" shit is there only to create a different sort of tension/feelings for a different sort of viewer. It no longer really dives into his mind...it just sort of exists.

In all honesty I'd rather him not get married and not have a child. That's absurd.

Almost as absurd as the fairy tale ending to season 3.

What the fuck?

What pisses me off is the premise and promos for season 4




This image alone makes me want to cut my own eyes out.

haha, he's a dad and also a serial killer! hahaha! put him on a poster with his baby! haha that's so funny!

OH MY GOD THE BLOOD ISN'T BLOOD IT IS JUICE FROM THE CHILD AHHAHAHA HOW NORMAL OF HIM! HAHA!

GUYS REMEMBER HE IS A SERIAL KILLER HAHAHAH!

LAME

17 Comments:

Blogger Tracy said...

I liked season 3 as much as the first 2 seasons but I know what you're saying, the marriage/baby thing seems far-fetched even for someone pretending to be normal. I'm still looking forward to season 4 starting up soon. Maybe Rita will leave him and he'll just let her go....I dunno.

7:34 p.m.  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I want to watch!

Also, personally, that blood looks like ketchup.

7:40 p.m.  
Blogger Trevor said...

I agree, i still liked the third season, but i miss the season one dexter with out Minguel idiot and his family.

7:47 p.m.  
Blogger D. said...

That blood looks nothing like ketchup.

11:37 p.m.  
Blogger Tracy said...

the part on his shirt looks a bit like ketchup, the part on his face looks more like lipstick.

11:42 p.m.  
Blogger D. said...

WRONG

11:45 p.m.  
Blogger Stephanie said...

It really does look like lipstick on his face. It looks at least a LITTLE like ketchup on his shirt. I took a closer look. Or at least like kool-aid, which I guess works considering the message of the stupid photo to begin with, but still. Blood is more STICKY. They did a good job with the part in his hair.

12:07 p.m.  
Blogger D. said...

Yeah, which is what I said all along, that it is juice and not blood.

Pay attention.

12:17 p.m.  
Blogger Stephanie said...

YES I KNOW.

2:07 p.m.  
Blogger Tracy said...

I disagree, it definitely doesn't look like juice, there's no way juice would have staying power like that on skin. I know that's what it's supposed to be but since we are picking apart the picture, there's no way it's just juice on his face.

5:39 p.m.  
Blogger Geoff said...

It's definitely semen.

7:01 p.m.  
Blogger Trevor said...

uh oh are you two getting a divorce over blood?

Its clearly semen mixed with kool-aid.

7:30 p.m.  
Blogger D. said...

but Tracy, that is part of why it is so stupid. It is obviously SUPPOSED to be juice from the kid, but isn't really.

I change my vote to semen.

11:46 p.m.  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Let me just say... the idea of red semen is really disturbing.

12:27 p.m.  
Blogger D. said...

I ejaculate blood all the time. I thought that is what men did.

12:55 p.m.  
Blogger Stephanie said...

DISTURBING.

4:14 p.m.  
Blogger Geoff said...

Don't you mean DELICIOUS?

9:42 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home