Saturday, September 12, 2009

Games!

In an effort to get away from the seriousness of family members almost dying and people having babies, I am going to talk about the games I have been playing lately.

Batman: Arkham asylum is awesome, easily the best Batman game ever made (really not saying much, but whatever) and probably the best game ever based on a comic book. Period. It really, truly does make you feel like a badass Batman, which no other game has been able to figure out is the key to FUN.



It's a lot like Metroid but with Batman, also the Scarecrow parts are creepy shit.

Anyone with an xbox or decent PC should play it post haste.

I also logged onto Steam for the first time in a long ass time and saw that there was some Downloadable content for FEAR 2 called FEAR 2: REBORN, so I bought that shit up and have played a bit of it so far and it is fun.

Maybe I'm crazy, but I love these games for their story, even though it is mostly convoluted shit, it's awesome and I eat it up.

This time you play as one of the Replica soldiers, Foxtrot 813 and end up going rogue to find and release Paxton Fettel AKA creepiest fucker ever.




So it is cool to play the game from the "other side" even though so far it is pretty much more of the same (a good thing)

And on the Wii I am getting back into Little King's Story which I was addicted to BEFORE my house burned.



I can say without a doubt that this is one of the best games that nobody is buying/enjoying and it's a fucking shame.

What looks to be an overly cutesy, simple kids game based on the cover is anything but that.

In fact, let me just quote a bit of a review that explains why this game is so awesome:

" What a devious game. On the surface, a title with a severe attack of the cutes, full of colour and glitter and sparkle and princesses and killer frogs.

No.

Not at all. This is a game of global conquest, genocide, religion and urban expansion that is shockingly deep and subtly bleak. And it sneaks up on you with all of these themes, waving flowers in your face, all the while silently twisting a knife into your side. Make no mistake: Little King's Story is anything but little. Don't ignore this one.

Borrowing heavily from elements of Nintendo's Pikmin and Animal Crossing franchises, Little King's Story is a strategic RPG that builds slowly, pushing you at just the right strength to keep things interesting. For all its inspired elements, it comes from incredible heritage – the creative minds behind the Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy series – and it shows in all aspects."

Basically you play as a king who is in charge of expanding his kingdom and taking over the world.

You destroy bosses, build houses, create an army, watch over your citizens and just explore the world picking up on all the awesome the game has to offer.

At its core it plays mainly like Pikmin but it's far more expansive than that.

I am quite addicted to it. The bad part is that I find myself NOT playing it as much as I want because I just know I'll sit there for two hours at a time...which no, isn't a bad thing, really, but the time just seems to zip by.

Anyway, it is sad knowing it'll be passed up by people too busy playing other "mature" games, but such is the life of many GOOD Wii games, while the crap gets consumed by these "casual" gamers and makes the entire console look like shit.

For the record I hate the terms "Casual" and "hardcore" gamers, but you know what I mean. The Wii is the most sold system because it's easy for anyone to pick up and therefor most of those people don't know the difference between greatness and shit and it's a bad situation for the developers who put time, effort and heart into these great games.

End unscheduled rant.

Transmission over.


4 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

I am so going to play that game. The last one.

And holy sexy gruff Batman. I like it when he's all badass.

Thank you for posting this!

I thoroughly enjoyed reading it, as always.

12:57 p.m.  
Blogger Trevor said...

Why don't you put this on Nintopia?

1:54 p.m.  
Blogger D. said...

Nintopia is DEAD, man.

It's a GHOST, MAN.

2:06 p.m.  
Blogger Stephanie said...

You guys could revive it!

2:20 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home