Thursday, August 02, 2007

I don't know...

I suppose I should say something about how awesome Hospital Music is.

I successfully avoided hearing/reading anything about the album and needless to say my ride home after purchasing it was filled with plenty of chills, goosebumps and a few teary eyes (yeah yeah).

It's an absolutely amazing album.

I don't think I could rank it amongst the others, as Matthew Good fans know, there's not much point to that anyway, as everything he's done is pretty much godly.

I will say that I think I prefer my Matthew Good to be slightly "heavier" though. I think The audio of being did it perfectly for me and Avalanche was also a pretty spot on mixture.

Not that this album doesn't outright ROCK at sometimes, but come on, who doesn't like an aggressive tune like Weapon or Carmelina every now and again.

I'm not taking away anything from this though as it's simply one of the best albums I've ever listened to and it has been playing almost nonstop since Tuesday.

"A single explosion" might be my favourite off the album. It's really hard to say though.

In other music news I finally got the Crippled Black Phoenix album after meaning to for months now.

If you've ever wanted Mogwai + A silver mt. Zion mixed together this album fits the bill, almost incredibly (as it features a dude from Mogwai)

"The Northern cobbler" is one of the greatest songs ever.

Oh I also got an Xbox 360 yesterday.

There was a coupon at Superstore for $30 off anything over $200 and the girl working there gave me two and let me use them both so it was a good deal. I then got ANOTHER $60 off using my PC points, so it was worth it just to play a few games that will never get released on the Wii.

Fuck this thing is a behemoth though, it could crush my Wii in an instant, it's also filled with so many useless features I'll never take advantage of. It's cool though. I got Crackdown since Dead Rising wasn't there. It's pretty fun so far.

I think it'll collect dust until Alan Wake or Resident Evil 5 come out, though. Or until I can play online with it. That would be fun.

Anyway, see you.

6 Comments:

Blogger Geoff said...

I recommend you get Gears of War, and Bioshock when it comes out for the 360.

Bioshock especially, if you're familiar at all with System Shock. It's kind of a spiritual successor, and a kind of cerebral horror game somewhat in the vein of FEAR.

Also, yes. Hospital Music is quite an awesome album. Except, I'm a million miles away from anywhere that I can purchase it.

10:30 a.m.  
Blogger D. said...

I might get Gears.

Bioshock is going to be awesome, no doubt about it, but I think I'd rather get it for my PC, as long as I can run it half decently.

The reason is I find it hard to play first person games with dual analog these days, especially after using the Wii remote.

But we'll see.

10:43 a.m.  
Blogger Geoff said...

The controls are a bit wonky, but let me show you my first experience with Gears

*picture is not of me actually playing, but rather, imagine me on the wrong end of that chainsaw.

4:47 p.m.  
Blogger D. said...

That's awesome.

If I can find the game for less than $65 I might get it.

These games are so fucking expensive I'd rather buy used and save $20. So I'll check EB on Monday/Tuesday.

Also, do you have a 360?

11:55 p.m.  
Blogger Geoff said...

Not yet. I was going to get one when I became wealthy, but alas. Such pipe dreams have yet to come true.

I've played extensively on other peoples' units though.

7:52 p.m.  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I think I'll go ahead and buy that CD, even though I still feel like I should wait until I hear ALL of the other albums. I have a nice sample which, as you know, I love.

$120 off is awesome!

I got this pair of shoes in the mail today that I ordered that were only $60 instead of the original $198. They are made soooo well. It's awesome. I love quality.

Anyway. That's how I am relating to you buying something mega on sale.



Which is straaaaaaange...

Carmelina is always a good idea.

10:17 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home