Tuesday, July 03, 2007

mmmm robots.

Today I went and saw Transformers with Bonjangles.

First let me say I'm no Transformers nerd and haven't really watched much of the old cartoons since I was a lad.

When the movie was first announced I knew it was going to either suck completely or be absolutely brilliant. There's really no in between for me.

Turns out it is pretty fucking awesome.

Michael Bay is a useless prick for the most part but this movie makes up for every other overly stylised piece of shit he's over made.

The story can be viewed as pretty corny if you're not into it, but hey, watching the old cartoons are pretty much the same thing. That's the way it is.

What you're really there for are watching several GIANT FUCKING ROBOTS pound and shoot the shit out of each other, and that's exactly what you get.

I had a massive boner for a good portion of the film thanks to the incredible effects and robot on robot action.

Just watching them transform is incredible.

Also if you're not into robots you also get this:



as an added bonus. Really it's a win win situation. Unless you're an anti robot bastard AND slightly gay.

Even the human parts weren't all bad, which is what I really feared.

Good shit, guys.

6 Comments:

Blogger Tracy said...

I want to see this movie and I have no idea why. I guess having two brothers I was sort of forced to be into them. I doubt I'll get as excited as you ;) but I'm sure I'll enjoy it.

11:38 a.m.  
Blogger Geoff said...

Domo arigato, Mr. Roboto.

Robots and babes.
I mean, what more could a guy want?

3:52 p.m.  
Blogger Trevor said...

i want to see this one real bad. Wish you guys would go back to seeing movies at night, get Monday Tues going again, i miss that.

8:39 p.m.  
Blogger D. said...

Yeah I know. it's just that James is the only one able to do stuff when everyone else is either still sleeping or at work. Plus I've still got energy to spare in the morning.

Still we should do a Monday night one of these weeks.

We could see die hard. Or transformers again

3:08 p.m.  
Blogger Tracy said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

10:46 p.m.  
Blogger Trevor said...

Yeah fire off an email and text me, ill make time to hang out with you guys. James should come to, i havent seen that guy since last summer!

Also i saw Transformers tonight with Tracy, holy fuck man i was impressed. It was the first movie i saw in a while where they didnt skimp on anything, good stuff.

ps. i guess i was logged in as Tracy my bad

11:02 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home